Did you know of any elders who only worked by themselves in field service

by truthseeker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Yes several.

Supposedly to set an example for the younger single guys.

We have several counties in our territory, and most of it is rap and tract no tresspassing ranch and farmland.

Of course quite a few have solo RVs on Sat and Sun and are only able to do an hour or two of group FS.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Some individuals, not necessarily elders, worked by themselves because they refused to consider the feelings of the people they worked with at the door and/or the car group with regard to time spent at the calls.

Some wanted to spend as long as they wanted at a particular door (maybe an hour) because they thought they were imparting pearls of wisdom to somebody at the door who was in a talkative mood or wanted to debate some point. Let the people in the group be damned if they don't like it.

LHG

• happy1975
    happy1975

Yeah, they used to just drive around the territory checking on the rest of us doing all of the work.

• R.F.
    R.F.

No but I wished they would have worked by themselves.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Not sure of what the pros and cons are here?

When I was an elder and there was an odd number out in field service, I felt my duty to work on my own. On the other hand, working with members of the group is the responsibility of the elders.

Glad all that sort of politics is behind me now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit