Did you know of any elders who only worked by themselves in field service

by truthseeker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

There was one elder I knew, a bully type, who always worked by himself in field service. I never saw anyone else work with him.

Did you know of elders like this?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

No can't say I ever knew any one like that. I bet he was just fake ringing doorbells so he would get not at homes. He probably was deep down insecure about talking in front of anyone. I am surprised he wasn't counseled about this.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have worked myself few times in the past. I have never been an elder though.

• wobble
    wobble

I never was an elder,but I was a mincer and I always preferred to work alone,I found that on the few times someone worked with me they usually cocked up my conversasions by butting in and taking the wrong tack.I also found most of them were excruciatingly embarrasing in the way they presented their message,not having the knowledge of what the scriptures say to give to householders.

I know this sounds really big-headed,but it was my experience,and I did not feel superior,just sad that they had to knock on doors and were so ill-trained to do so.

Love

Wobble

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I knew an elder who did not like working with sisters becuase "in case he was faced with a tempting situation"!!!!!

No joke - he was quite open about it.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember elders not working with their families or sisters. They would pop off with other elders or a ms. I did know an elder who was pioneer who always assigned others to work with each other and took off by himself. My husband was a MS and elder during that period and he said they never did door to door but did administrative duties but still "counted their time."

But then a few elders did look out for the "fatherless" children and sisters. I even knew a few COs that worked with sisters at the consternation of the brothers who figured he was wasting his time.

Blondie

• Mutz
    Mutz

There was a woman who always came to the door naked, one particular elder always called on her alone, the perv.

• Mary
    Mary

Yep. The Presiding Overseer used to do this all the time. We had a sneaking suspicion that he was actually playing with himself, not working the doors out in Service.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

ME ...but not exclusively by myself...that would have looked too obvious. its more common than elders let on.

I always volunteered to work by myself if I was in an odd numbered car group. If it was a group I didnt like (a$$wipe jackass elders for example), I volunteered a lot. I also volunteered to drive all the time (under the guise of I had a new [at the time] car....that was economical). I would then use that driver position to constantly move the car (if it was even slightly hot, cold, rainy, windy, older ones, etc) so I would have to go to less doors. I also made sure to pretend to forget where I was driving and have to go around multiple blocks (despite the fact that I knew exactly where I was going and in 2 congos had drawn up the maps)

I hated the door-to-door. I even said that from the platform on many occasions..public talks in other congos included. I told people that it wasn't natural. (of course, at the time, I also told people we do it because we love people and Jehovah ) I always got nice comments from the timid and dirty looks from fellow elders.

***sigh..... glad I am not doing that anymore.

Snakes ()

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

just the one - he was awkward socially also - raised in the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit