last night conferance call.

by mouthy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well David Reed was really GREAT!!!! I enjoyed him immensly Thanks Rick for inviting this very very interesting man to be a guest.

Then the following speaker ,Raven? I had already passed judgement on. ( forgive me LORD) I said I wouldnt not listen to ... I did till midnight ...( couldnt hold the phone any longer)
    Well I retract my judgement ...she sounded very sincere, who am I to say her truth is any differant from my truth,,,, I am beginning ( after listening ) to believe she must be speaking the truth,I cant understand how any parents could do that to any baby( because that is what she was) .So I ask forgiveness to Raven( who I had made up my mind was not telling truth before hand) To Rick & Inez whom I called on the phone to tell them what I thought BEFORE I heard her ,I ask your forgivenss also. But most importantly to GOD!!!!! who I took upon myself to answer a question before it was heard. the real true sign of a fool Thanks

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thanks for that update. I'm looking forward to listening.

Does anyone have an MP3? Streaming from that site is cumbersome.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I would love to hear the conference at a later date. Is it on Rick's website. I am friends with Raven, I know she is not a Christian anymore but she is a lovely person. I haven't been in touch with her for months so am most interested in hearing what she had to say.

Velvetann

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Hi Velvetann. Joe and I listened to Rayvn tell her story last night and I asked her many, many questions. In answer to a question asked by someone else, we heard her say she goes to the Catholic Church now and she gave her reasons for doing so. Why do you say Rayvn is no longer a Christian? (Yes, she does sound like a lovely person.)

Barb

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I obviously am thinking of a different Raven then. This one is now Gothic and into Wicca now. Her children were molested by a JW relative. She and her family flew in to picket NY Bethel and her story is on the Silent Lambs site. I still want to hear the conference call though ;-) Saturday nights I can't do the conference calls because its my time to spend with my husband.

Velvet

• sf
    sf

Crap! I totally spaced it. Was planning on listening in.

Oh well, can't wait to hear it once koolaid gets the site functioning.

{{ravyn }}

sKally

• Gayle
    Gayle

How long did the Conference call last after all? I had a big early day at work yesterday but did conference in later. It started at 5pm (MST) and still going on I think past 9 pm? I fell asleep after awhile. I enjoyed Reed's comments. I read some of his newsletters years ago which clearly and pointed exposed JW history and teachings.

Ravyn's comments still have me perplexed, muddling, pondering. Thursday evening, at our Meetup group, I asked about the issue that this Ms. Ravyn was to be on the Conference call and the thought of "Satan Ritual" within the WT Bethel was quite an extreme stretch. I guess I will have to think about this longer. Can't say I believe her totally, can't say I've dismissed it totally either. She does sound sincere in her believing it. I was there at Bethel '69-'74. I knew most of the people she listed. Her description of some of the personalities were accurate, although most of those are a common knowledge (Fred Franz, kind of strange, Knorr- mean, Marina Sylik, pretty, she said Swingle was sweet, I don't know about that- he asked me one time the 'name of the cute little 'Nigger' gal around', a missionary student there then - floored me as I never heard a JW use that term in all the about 30 years there I was in the organization). I will probably listen to it again when I have time again and more awake when it goes on Rick Fearon's site.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Very nice to listen to David Reed talk. I remember him well from the mid-90's. He was quite helpful to me.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mouthy

It was nice to talk to you on the phone last night..a.t least to say hello to you. :)

• mouthy
    mouthy

It was nice to talk to you on the phone last night..a.t least to say hello to you. :)

Now look what you did to this old daft woman ,,,I dont know who you are last night Tim? Jason? Richard? please remember I dont know all of your REAL Names Tell me please !!!Stop the old dementia out.

Was lovely speaking to all my wonderful friends on there but I wish I new their jwd names on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit