I lost the right to raise my JW kid........

by oompa 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

actually he is hardly a kid anymore.....and is in bethel dammit!..........but why is it that when i was a good jw account servant i could guide, influence, direct him... TOTALLY... in all religious matters......which of course is why he believes what he believes and is at bethel (damm i was good huh!) but now that i am faded and a vocal apostate (not dfd but called apostate behind my back) i am supposed to shut up and not share any of my new found REAL truths with him?

my ex-wife hardass jw just gave me grief for this, my hardass current jw wife just gave me grief for this, my elder/dad gave me grief for this....and even my bethel son gave me grief for this....ya know i think jesus said you should not put your bright light under a basket!....but they all tell me to

i have been writing a book off and on for three years about a wicked way to end all Islamic terrorist attacks....and i use the word enviroliginism in it....i made it up to make the point that the #1 reason anyone has the faith they have or the religion they belong to is because of where they were born! if all the ladies here were born in Saudi Arabia they would be wearing bhurkas, walking 20 feet behind their husband, and could not drive a car or vote!!!....just because they happened to be born on hot, sandy, oil infested soil.... instead of some cold dreadful spot in Canada (lol)...............sorry for the rant but my ex just wore me out.................oompa

• Mandette
    Mandette

Oompa? Am I having a flashback??? Did I dream what you just posted last night? HA!

Seriously though.....sorry about your pain. It's so hard. It's hard to understand.

If those in Jonestown drank the poisoned Kool-Aid AND force fed it to their children KNOWING it would kill them, I guess it's not a real stretch of imagination that JW's don't want to know the truth(wow was that an oxymoron?) They take comfort in it. It makes sense of this world to them. Maybe ignorance is bliss? If they acknowledge that the organization is wrong then it rocks their whole world. Everything they know and believe is now a lie. A lot of people can't take that stress. They'd rather be in ignorance. It's almost like they're institutionalized. Like a prison inmate who's been in so long they can't function on the outside in the real world. They do anything they can to go back. Maybe it's the structure. Maybe it's having your thinking done for you. That's one reason active JW's are so afraid of those of us who know the research and what's really going on.

hang in there

M

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

And you are going to obey what they say why?

• oompa
    oompa

damm...i thought more people would care about me losing my right to raise my kid!.......(rosannerosannadanna...nevermind............oompa

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I care oompa. I don't profess to know how you feel , but I care about it.

I was lucky my son hated the witnesses he was so young and he would say how hypocritical they were and he hated the way my parents treated me. He is a smart kid. And although he attended alot of meetings and all the summer assemblies he could see the lies. He never paid attention at the assemblies he use to bugger off to talk to his buddies who also never paid attention and then my sister or her stupid husband would see them all talking in a group and then they would come and tell me and the next thing I would have to do is like pretend to care and get up and find him and t ell him your aunt and uncle have seen you guys out here so come and sit down or what ever. They choose whatever. My son would sneak off to a bar and then show up at his seat for the last hour of the program and he would have to pass my mom and sister and everyone could smell beer on him and then I get in hell for it. Man it use to peeve me off, Why couldn't they mind their own business.

maybe someday your son will sit down with you and you can explain to him why you don't believe the WTS ' organization anymore. I mean wouldn't he aleast as your son give you that ?

I will keep good thoughts for you oompa.

love

Orangefatcat

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    i thought more people would care about me losing my right to raise my kid!

You don't OWN him. Truth is a personal decision for each individual.

It just seems you have lost your influence on him because you have been challenged in every direction and right now you are "odd man out".

One great lesson I am learning ( very hard) is that you can't tell anyone anything. You can't make someone else believe something. (oh how I wish I could!) It is so painful to watch someone jump into the fire right behind the rest of the crowd and your hands are tied.

The only thing I know is to keep repeating "if it is the truth it should stand up to any scruitinty". Repeat repeat repeat. You should have learned the importance of repitition from WT. You must have a short repetitive mantra. Maybe eventually it will dawn on him to see if he can refute what you are saying. Then he will have to "scrutinize" his 'truth'.

• oompa
    oompa
    cameo: You can't make someone else believe something.

sorry...i think you lose on this part of your great post.....most parents...including myself....make their kids believe every single thing of a religious nature until the day they decide to think for themself........so you can make someone else believe something.........oompa

they will even throw a cat off a 20 story building if you teach them from birth it will not harm it

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

After reading about your life as a black sheep within among some your closets family members, thats got to be difficult of an ordeal

probably more so than folks that randomly went in and out on their own. I guess your confronted now with a brick wall between you and your son.

After all of your obtained knowledge about the JWS you sound a bit regretful for getting your son involved and realize your partially responsible for

putting him there to some degree.

Its astounding how this religion can bring so much disturbance into peoples personal lives, but the way they operate its not all too surprising.

So I have empathy for you fellow, there is no question that this religion can divide and separate a family and that in itself is one of its greatest evils.

Don;t lose sight of your son though perhaps some day he''l see the light that you see and he'll understand the reasons why stepped out.

Have an positive optimistic attitude regarding your son and make sure he doesn't lose sight of you ........take care

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

they will even throw a cat off a 20 story building if you teach them from birth it will not harm it

In a case like that, it is either passing on ignorance because the same folk tale has been passed down unchallenged to you, or it is taking advantage of someone's trust because they are gullible.

From where I sit, it seems WT has used a tip-toe tactic to suck people in and gain control. The changes are always subtle. And the men at the top are always laughing at all of you because they told you before you ever got involved that 'religion was a snare and a racket' and you still went ahead through the door. They laugh because they say "we told you"! Therefore they feel no responsibility or remorse for those whose lives they have wrecked. Not only have they misused people's trust....some people have never been able to mature past being gullible to challenge the lies.

If you teach your son that a cat thrown from a 20 story building will not be hurt and one day your son decides to put it to the test, and fee-fee ends up dead or lame....would he believe that fee-fee was just an exception to the rule? Or would he know he was told a lie? We have all been lied to, Oompa. The difference is mental maturity and learning how to develop criteria of proof and ask the right questions and observe.

At this stage of the game....the best you can do is probably hope to engage conversation that will bring up critical thinking skills, even if its not about religion or WT. Again, I think the mantra "truth should hold up to scrutinity" should prevail. Eventually the phrase will ring in his head and he will have to prove it. The day it finally sinks in, he will start to find his way back.

Oompa, you have guts to take a stand the way you have. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Be patient; the apple just isn't quite ripe yet.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

CameoD said, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Be patient; the apple just isn't quite ripe yet."

Nicely said, Cameo!

Oomps... I was shunned at one point in my life by my loved ones, and it nearly killed me (btw I have never been df'd or da'd). I want to tell you that all of my beloved ones have returned to me, one by one. I now have all of them back in my life, and we are able to show love for one another, and laugh and talk together.

Don't give up. You know he respects you, and he's going to wonder what you discovered that was strong enough to sway you. Plus, as a side note, it seems that there are an awful lot of ex-Bethelites on here... looks like his eyes might get opened on his own while slavin' for tha big boyz.

Love, strength, and patience to you,
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit