Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-23-08 WT Study (MARRIAGE)

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Q 3. Some Jews developed what mistaken view?

3. In the centuries since, Satan has used a variety of sly methods to spread marital discord. For instance, at times he has used religious leaders to promote an unscriptural view of marriage. Some Jewish leaders minimized God's standards, allowing husbands to divorce their wives for such trivial matters as over-salting food. But Jesus pointed out: "Whoever divorces his wife. except on the ground of fornication, and marries another commits adultery."-Matt. 19:9.

Who said anything about husband it was a man

“Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife on every sort of ground?”

Just like Joseph who was not married to Mary who wanted to divorce her!

I do not see JW apply a pre marital doctrine! What about someone who break off an engagement for no reason! OH well LOL! Not that I really care!

This is just applied WRONG!

(Eccl. 4:12) "Threefold cord" is a figurative expression. When this illustration is applied to marriage it includes the husband and wife, the first two strands, who are intertwined with the central strand, Jehovah God. Being united with God gives a couple the spiritual strength to cope with problems, and it is the key to achieving the greatest happiness in marriage

This reminds me of Rutherford’s writings! Threefold cord is a type of marriage with God as the third partner! LOL It sound good to try to apply with God and marriage but it is an abuse of God’s scriptures! Let just apply hard times for the oppressive to a marriage union! WTBTS when will YOU ever learn!

Q 8. What is needed to receive "a good reward" in marriage?

Wise King Solomon wrote: "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their hard work." (Eccl. 4:9) Indeed, a husband and wife must work hard in order to obtain "A good reward" in the form of a loving and lasting union that has God's blessing.
    New World Translation!

Eccls 4: 6-11

6 Better is a handful of rest than a double handful of hard work and striving after the wind. 7 I myself returned that I might see the vanity under the sun: 8 There exists one, but not a second one; also no son or brother does he have, but there is no end to all his hard work. Also, his eyes themselves are not satisfied with riches: “And for whom am I working hard and causing my soul to lack in good things?” This too is vanity, and it is a calamitous occupation. 9 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their hard work. 10 For if one of them should fall, the other one can raise his partner up. But how will it be with just the one who falls when there is not another to raise him up?

11 Moreover, if two lie down together, they also will certainly get warm; but how can just one keep warm? 12 And if somebody could overpower one alone, two together could make a stand against him. And a threefold cord cannot quickly be torn in two.

I busted a gut on this one! Not too sure what it means! What is the threefold! It sounds like men working close net! Two can stand against an invader but three cannot be torn in two!

So I had to go look it up!

Gateway with another bible Here It Is!

New International Bible

Ecclesiastes 4

1 Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun: (has nothing to do with marriage)
    I saw the tears of the oppressed—
    and they have no comforter;
    power was on the side of their oppressors—
    and they have no comforter.

7 Again I saw something meaningless under the sun:

8 There was a man all alone;
    he had neither son nor brother.
    There was no end to his toil,
    yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.
    "For whom am I toiling," he asked,
    "and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?"
    This too is meaningless—
    a miserable business!

9 Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their work:

10 If one falls down,
    his friend can help him up.
    But pity the man who falls
    and has no one to help him up!

11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?

12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
    A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Typical WTBTS they don’t even read the entire scriptures! It sounds like oppressive people who could do better if they slept close to keep warm and watch out! Perhap it would be better to have friends lie together during stressful times! One is down and two can defend themselves! Might be three friends one down and two to fight, who knows! I am sure during war times many lie together for warmth even if they are rich! why should this man be alone!

Marriage has nothing to do with it! So there threefold and marriage doctrine does not stand and the entire WT article falls! It just makes me mad when they do this!

Thanks Blondie for the meeting! and that is the reason why I do not read the WT!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thank you Blondie. Yet again Jesus, who in the bible is described as "the head of the man", is shoved aside in favour of Jehovah; or more accurately "Jehovah's organization". One of the objectives of this Watchtower was to reinforce the thought that if your spouse "leaves Jehovah" your marriage is doomed.

FWIW, my interpretation of the threefold cord when taken in context is that it refers to children of the union.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    FWIW, my interpretation of the threefold cord when taken in context is that it refers to children of the union.

MM- Actually, I think "the central strand" "intertwined with" "the husband and wife" is none other than Santa Claus. At least Santa sneaks in the house one night a year with some "goodies". Jehovah never stops by anybody's house, ever.

B the X

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Very nice work, Blondie, as usual. You always bring out the points that show the WTS's idiotic logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit