Pyramid Burial

by musky 11 Replies latest jw friends

• musky
    musky

I remember not believing what I heard about Russell being buried under a stone pyramid. So I decided to go and check it out myself. This was maybe 20 years ago. I personally saw it. Videotaped it. Of course I recorded over it accidentally. Has anyone else gone to the cemetary where Rusell was buried? It was hundreds of miles for me to drive, But I am glad I did.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Never been there, but lots of photos online.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Never been there BUT....

Kind of a long story. My uncle died a few years ago. He was single and had made no burial plans. He didn't belong to a church. My mother forced her JW faith on the family and gave him a 'Hovie funeral because~~he used to take the magazines when the Dubs came to his door. The "brother" who gave the funeral "talk" kept saying about how my uncle loved to read about Jehovah. I snickered through the funeral, even though it was disrespectful, I couldn't help it. After the funeral, a mourner chided me for snickering. I told her, "I couldn't help it, they were going on and on about how my uncle took their magazines and took their books and loved reading about Jehovah. There's only one problem. HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO READ. He was just being polite for my mother's sake!"

Anyway, it always pissed me off that she forced a 'Hovie funeral onto my uncle. She's already purchased her burial plot but NOT THE HEADSTONE.

I think that, after she dies, I'm going to have a replica of Russell's pyramid placed on her grave, complete with all of the symbols. She wants to force a 'Hovie funeral on the family, she should have to live forever under the penultimate 'Hovie headstone.

Whadya think?

StAnn

• musky
    musky

StAnn, I don't know about the replica. I would ask the elders if a pyramid tombstone would be acceptable.I wonder what they would say?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Musky, they wouldn't talk to me because I'm a CATHOLIC. However, if anyone else dissed it, I'd say, "Hey, it's on your founders grave! What could possibly be wrong with it? Hmmmm??"

StAnn

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ok, I feel some clarification is in order here. Yes, there is a huge pyramid in CT Russel's cemetery, and YES, his picture along with the old WT and Masonic symbols are on it. BUT.....he is NOT buried beneath it, NOR is it his headstone. He actually has a separate normal headstone. The more whacked out Bible Students of the time actually put up this "Stone Monument" in order to serve as a "witness" to his teachings and their beliefs. The entire section of that cemetery is actually kind of chained off as the Bible Students owned it. It's creepy. There is a Masonic lodge right across the way from this grave site, but it is not original to the time...ironic none the less. The pyramid sure is a witness to false teachings, false prophets, false promises though. Just thought I'd clear up that it is NOT his official headstone, more a "marker" for ALL of his beliefs and other Bible Students that are buried there with him. Regards, Wing Commander

• oompa
    oompa

wing commander is right...i lived in Pittsburgh for a bit...and went there....thanks to relatives there....but he is off a bit from the big stone thingy...dammit....that would have been just too juicy.........oomps

• musky
    musky

WingCommander, Thanks for clearing that up.

The actual headstone in relation to the pyramid is the distance of the apex of the lateral upper inches to the base squared times the height divided by... Oh never mind

• horrible life
    horrible life

altalt

This is Stevenyc's (?) picture if I remember right. Can't remember what the grave diggers are for.

• oompa
    oompa

lmao....great pic of the tombstone..........i just searched laodicean messenger on the WTCD....not a single hit.........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit