"Evil Slave"
    "Left to start own church"
    "Satan Worshiper"
    "Wife Swapper"
    "Gay Sex"

So NOT any of those things

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

LET ME USE A SCRIPTURE THAT THEY USE " AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE" FRIENDS I TELL YOU NOT I AM FREE!!!!!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

And some of the most damning quotes from the WT publications are in Ray's books.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The going stroy that I have heard from most witnesses here on Ray is that he was working in the translation department and started putting his own ideas into the lit. He put into a WT that went into the Spanish community that all good people go to heaven. The Spanish community was confused and wrote to the society. After a 2nd and 3rd rebuke Raymond refused to change so had to be dfed.

My question to those witnesses was (assuming this rumor is true) why then was Ray not dfed in 1980 while this allegedely happened? Why was he dfed a year later in a local cong?

Next time this comes up I will ask the person the basis for their claim. I will then ask them if they are simply spreading a rumor, and possibly slander.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

For whatever reason he was DF it doesn't really matter? All that matters is that he penned those amazing books that have helped 10's of thousands of exjws and perhaps some witnesses learn the real story of things going on with in the confines of the organization. What more do you need. This sweet man took a giant leap when he did what he did. It took courage and faith in God the step the Ray took. He probably knew in his heart that he would be disfellowshipped once he presented what he had and he knew he had the real truth but ..............

Fred Franz wouldn't stand for changes it would change the whole structure of the understanding of the gentile times and the beginning of the time of the end, The dates weren't as the Society taught. The truth had to be made public. No way, they had to stop it nip it in the bud. so out goes Ray and all those who wanted to rebel against the society's teachings were also disfellowshipped. I recall reading the story in the Times magazine about Raymond Franz and the Organization. I wished I had saved it but was a witness then and had my husband found I had it I would have been in trouble.

Yes the Organization could be afraid of Ray, but they have already so many legal matters pending I don't think it is uppermost right now on their agenda.

Orangefatcat

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Why are JW's afraid of dear old Ray?

For the same reason they are afraid of all ex-JWs: WE KNOW EVERYTHING THEY KNOW.............................AND MORE.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Because he wrote and published The Truth Book

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks all for your replies,

Isaacaustin, I heard EXACTLY the same story as you outlined,any shred of truth in it?

I was told by the P.O in my last Congo. that he "Claimed that in ten years he would have more followers than the WT" I know that is a lie!

Orangefatcat, I really meant individual JW's why should they be afraid to read the book,for the reasons I said,they should have no fear.

Of course I don't believe many ever will read it. In fact I think my argument has a wider application (or Greater Fullfilment in WT speak)

if Books and Web sites are factually or scripturally wrong they are easily refuted so why shouldn't JW's examine them??

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit