KM: Wrong Jesus, wrong for all eternity...

by White Dove 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What does John 12:48 mean?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I take it you are not a Bible believer. I am not deriding that.

So your view is pretty much that when we die, that is it? Life goes on for others until others die. Correct? Life is what you see here and now.

• belbab
    belbab
    If you have the right Jesus, you are right for all eternity. If you have the wrong Jesus, you are wrong for all eternity

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Do I have your attention?

The above quoted statement provokes me to speak off the cuff, to rant somewhat.

Jesus healed people. Many times he attributed sickness to "sins" that is to "missing the mark".

Two of his disciples wanted to call down fire from heaven to destroy opposers, and JC rebuked them. They didn't have the right Jesus, they were not wrong for all eternity.

Peter denied knowing the Son of Man, along with a few other failings. He did not have the right Jesus either.

I had by-pass surgery for five blockages back in 1999, I don't know if anyone was praying for me, perhaps my wife, but she didn't tell me. I attributed, with appreciation, the success of the operation to the skill, diligence and belief ( Christian or pagan?) of the doctor, and free medical service in the society which he works.

Previous to my operation, I must of had the wrong Jesus, also. I attributed my failing heart blockages to twenty years of eating too much "five pounds of hamburger for a dollar" following the direction of Jesus' faithful and discreet slave class during my pioneering days of self sacrifice. This "slave class" also has the wrong Jesus.

The Book says that one should "snatch from the fire" those buring in troubles. It says that there would be a resurrection of the righteous and the un-righteous, that is, those who have the right Jesus and those who have the wrong one.

There is only one fire in the Bible, and that is a purifaying fire, that burns away the dross and preserves the preciousness.

The fire is perpetual, not those who place themselves in it. We enter it or escape from it of our own choice. When we lose a job because of ineptitude, we say we were fired, doesn't mean we never will get another one.

belbab

• snowbird
    snowbird

Rock on, Belbab!!!

You had my undivided attention from start to finish.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit