KM: Wrong Jesus, wrong for all eternity...

by White Dove 13 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I just read Keith McGregor's site and found this saying: "If you have the right Jesus, you are right for all eternity. If you have the wrong Jesus, you are wrong for all eternity."

I just see something WRONG about that whole premise. I found it very offensive for a person to declare another person wrong for believing differently.

How judgemental!

Sorry he had a heart attack.

• White Dove
    White Dove

How can a person go from one judgmental religion right into another after denouncing the former religion as "so judgmental?"

Out of the frying pan and into the fire...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I have spoken to keith on the phones several times over the years. That was a famous saying of his:"If you have the right Jesus, you are right for all eternity. If you have the wrong Jesus, you are wrong for all eternity."

When my wife returned he was very kind to me when i needed someone to talk to. My prayers are with him for a speedy and full recovery. He is a wonderful person.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

White Dove:

I just read Keith McGregor's site and found this saying: "If you have the right Jesus, you are right for all eternity. If you have the wrong Jesus, you are wrong for all eternity."

The sad thing is that he thinks it makes a difference. Right or wrong, he's going to be dead for all eternity.

(This implies no particular wish for his imminent demise, merely an acknowledgement of the inevitability and finality of his eventual death.)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

How do you know funkyderek? Maybe one day you will realize there is life after death.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Although I admire the work they're doing at MacGregor's Ministries, I found those words offensive, also.

Especially in light of the words of Jesus of Nazareth at John 12:47.

It's so hard for us to resist being judgmental, isn't it?

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

John12: 47 "If anyone hears what I am saying and doesn't take it seriously, I don't reject him. I didn't come to reject the world; I came to save the world.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Junction-Guy:

How do you know funkyderek? Maybe one day you will realize there is life after death.

Of course there's life after death, but not for the organism that's dead. That's what death means, the permanent cessation of life, What, you think there's some magical invisible person living inside your body that's really you and when your body dies it disconnects and floats off to a magical land of gumdrop trees? Don't be silly, how would that work?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

funkyderek, exactly what do you believe happens at physical death? I am not asking to try to attack or refute...just asking what you beleive since you said you beleive in life after death...but also beleive there is no soul that survives.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

isaacaustin:

funkyderek, exactly what do you believe happens at physical death?

Rigor mortis, cell death, decomposition and so on. Basically the organism is no longer self-sustaining.

I am not asking to try to attack or refute...just asking what you beleive since you said you beleive in life after death...but also beleive there is no soul that survives.

I believe that life will continue after I die, not my life obviously as I'll be dead, but the life of others. The idea that I will continue to live forever is patently absurd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit