Six Screens of the WT

by thaisun 17 Replies latest jw friends

• thaisun
    thaisun

What has happened to this site? It has been "disabled".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Is it possible that the Washtowel Slaveholdery shut them down because too many studies were landing there and then discontinuing their studies? Very possible--I sent a study there, and that was the end of that study.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

ya I just checked the site as well and it says this site has been temporarily disabled.If you are the site owner contact customer care.

Hope everything is ok with the site owner Rick.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Rick just sent out a mass e-mail about another conference call earlier in the week, so I'm sure he's ok. The Six Screens site had a lot of photo-copied literature that might have been considered illegal under copyright laws.

Either way, that site kinda gave me the creeps. I think Rick's way of going about the whole thing seemed like a vendetta more than a sincere desire to help people.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    that site kinda gave me the creeps. I think Rick's way of going about the whole thing seemed like a vendetta more than a sincere desire to help people.

Wow that's exactly what I thought.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

while the info at 6 screens may be useful, no witness in their right mind is going to get past the home page and that is sad.

V's watchtowercomments site, on the other hand, is professional, nonthreatening and full of current information that JWs can immediately relate to.

Snakes ()

• watson
    watson

JWs passing by the site, will be put off, almost for sure. Artistic, but dark and intense.

• DJK
    DJK

I was with Rick on November 8th. He was fine and mentioned nothing about the site going down. Might be a temporary problem.

• minimus
    minimus

He said it was temporary on a different thread.

• Confession
    Confession
    ...that site kinda gave me the creeps. I think Rick's way of going about the whole thing seemed like a vendetta more than a sincere desire to help people.

I've always avoided saying this, but that's how I've felt about it too. I've tried to examine why specifically I feel this way. I mean, there's some good information there; good experiences, etc. It's just that in the videos (to me) he comes off as loud, affected, and smirking. While the information provided can certainly be of help to people reconsidering the WTS, the primary feeling I'm left with after going to that site is...this man really wants to give that knife a good twist inside the Watchtower belly. Further, his cartoonish persona seems like something current JWs would identify as just the typical nutty apostate the Society warned them about.

I hope most people don't agree with me. I hope he does genuinely help people see the light, etc. Just the way I see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit