Anybody shun you that you wish wouldn't?

by MegaDude 30 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Family, former friends, acquaintances?

• blondie
    blondie

Nope.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yeah. It's weird. I've been shunned most obviously by a couple of the weakest Witnesses in my old congregation, people that I had really helped in the past. Right now my daughter and son in law are not returning calls, e-mails, etc. That hurts. S4

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, my mom. It's been 20 years, and we've only spoken a few times about family medical history. It's ironic, because my mom divorced her second husband due to domestic violence before she became a jw. I divorced my first husband due to domestic violence as a jw and got df'd when I offered to da myself, because I was too afraid to wait around to see if he would commit adultery or murder.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Dozens of people. Too many to number. My door remains open. As they grow older, some of them will wake up and hopefully we can pick up where we left off. It wasn't until life threw some serious stuff my way, did I wake up from my cultic stupor. Some of the couples will eventually have children that leave the Borg and this will not doubt have an impact on them.

• Mandette
    Mandette

My sister.

Mandette

• iceguy
    iceguy

Some friends I grew up with but mostly my ex-wife...she was my best friend.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I found the shunning policy to be beneficial in my case. It helped me distinguish people who cared for me from people who cared more for their cult. The benefit is that it enabled me to eliminate worthless people from my life. Life can be tough, and I want to know in advance who will be there for me during trials, and who won't. I don't want to waste my time and affections on people who value their cult more than me.

W

• ninja
    ninja

I've just been "marked" by the JW's recently.......one was up visiting today when I came in from work.........I wrote on 3 bits of paper......and held them up bob dylan "subterranean homesick blues" style.......first bit of paper said...."I've been marked....so you can't talk to me"....2nd said....."woo"...3rd said...."hoo!"....true story........at least they laughed......he he.....bob ninja dylan

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nope.

I'm too focused on shunning them. Their standards are too low and put my children in danger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit