should jws buy christmas stamps?

by badboy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Because christmas is of pagan origins,should jws buy stamps with christmas themes?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Depends who they are sending it to. I think most witnesses would avoid it. I was sending a lot of thank you notes for some occasion and my stamps had flags on them ( I hadn't even noticed), do you know more than one person told me how offended they were.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I DON'T KNOW IF THEY SHOULD. I DON'T KNOW.... MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T

HEY, WHY AREN'T YOU TYPING (SHOUTING!) ANYMORE, BADBOY? I QUITE LIKE THIS NEW STYLE OF SHOUDTING!

• carla
    carla

Should they promote sales specifically for Christmas, Mother's & Father's Day, etc...? Should they produce products they know will be used for those holidays and then ship them with Christmas & Flag stamps? Is it right to profit from such pagan holidays? I suppose they will use the 'we don't judge' in this instance wouldn't they? pick and choose where it suits them.

• blondie
    blondie

I have seen elders use xmas stamps, and stamps with the US flag on them.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Blondie - "I have seen elders use xmas stamps, and stamps with the US flag on them."

Well, then it must now be a 'matter of conscience'. Unless... they 'stumble' someone. Were you stumbled by their using these stamps? (heh heh heh) Perhaps you should have let them know you were stumbled by their using these stamps... or at least confused...

(tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Regards,

Jim TX

• blondie
    blondie

Not stumbled but I did ask if they had thought that some other jws might wonder............they had given a brother grief because he was a firefighter and had the flag on his uniform. I heard later that they let up on the brother. Where is the love?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I can't really see an issue. It's a bit like asking can JW's use stamps with the Queens head on?

Paul

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have used the flag stamps because they were the only ones available at the time.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What is the problem? You need stamps, The Post Office provides these ones . I believe that you can demand the regular ones but they are not available everywhere - So what? Nobody can avoid Christmas completely. I used to post out Congregation letters, to the Bethel and all, with Christmas stamps if that is what I had at that time of year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit