The Prisoner

by mrsjones5 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

What do you want? Information.

I watched this when it was on the Sci-Fi channel. Good show.

• avishai
    avishai

Love it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Are there any Prisoner fans out there?

Ooh, ooh! Over here. Me, me. I'm a fan. Patrick McGoohan was soooo handsome and cool. And he was delicious, even as an older, evil man as Longshanks in Braveheart.

• FlyingHighNow
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    McGoohan has received two Emmy Awards for his work on Columbo with his long-time friend Peter Falk. He directed five Columbo episodes (including three of the four in which he played the murderer) and wrote and produced two (including one of these). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_McGoohan

Double the pleasure, double the fun. I'm crazy about Columbo too.

• hmike
    hmike

One of my all-time favorite shows. I've watched it all the way back to it's original run in the US as a summer replacement series in the late 60s. I can say that it is one of those shows that had an influence on my life, summed up by the statement made in the final episode, that he had affirmed the "right of an individual to be an individual." The shows were always a challenge to understand, and so often frustrating when we thought he was going to finally escape. It fit right in to the times of non-conformity, anti-establishmet sentiments, spies, and British imports. Perhaps what really made it unique for the time was that it was planned to have a limited run, with resolution at the end (although to this day, I still don't understand all it was saying in the final episode). We never did find out which side the village belonged to, did we? And was the village on an island or not? And what was his name (he wasn't supposed to be John Drake from Secret Agent)? Or, the biggest question, why did he resign?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it was a great show but very much of its time - I loved it but I wonder what the remake will be like? I liked the Avengers, too. Wish they'd remake that but also wonder if it would be any good this many years later.

• hmike
    hmike
    I liked the Avengers, too. Wish they'd remake that but also wonder if it would be any good this many years later.

They did in 1998. It was better than most remakes.

• avishai
    avishai

In "A time to kill"

alt

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

OMG, I LOVED that show. I watched it when I babysat on Sat. nights and when I described it to other people, they looked at me like I was totally nuts! I believed for awhile that I just dreamed it up or something:)It was nice to come across a discussion of it and know I wasn't delusional. I am thinking not many people got that show. In our area, I think it came on after SNL. Super late.

Made you think, didn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit