New Star Trek Trailer

by [email protected] 40 Replies latest social entertainment

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

my name is kirk - James Tiberius Kirk

• inkling
    inkling
    In the original series, Spock served on the Enterprise with Capt. Pike. If memory serves, Kirk worked in Engineering after graduating the Academy and before being named Captain of the Enterprise after Pike was permanently disfigured and paralyzed.

I still ask, how do we know anything in the new movie contradicts that?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

(Me thinks it will be infinitely inferior to 'The Wrath of Khan', but I still want to see it.)

When the old Trek hit it right, it was a home run. Best movie of all the Star Treks hands down.

• Farkel
    Farkel

You guys are talking about a fantasy MOVIE, right? These fantasy movies sure evoke a lot of emotion in some of you!

Star Trek is easy to sum up: 1960's issues became issues in the 23rd century. Kirk boinked every female that moved, even green ones. Uhura had big, er, glands. All women in the 23rd Century dressed like tarts. Spock was the only one with any common sense. Kirk's decisions were always made after he first consulted his Johnson, which he regularly did. McCoy never could best Spock in banter, and Scotty had a huge ego problem and a bad accent. Sulu and Chekov were token ethnics. Klingons were the Soviet Russians and Romulins were the Communist Chinese. I loved them all!

Trivia tidbit: Shatner was told by a film director that if he emoted any more than he already did, his body would blow up on the spot.

Farkel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

1960's issues became issues in the 23rd century.

Actually that sums up everything -if you think about it, that includes Kirk bonking everything

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I will still go an see it though

• free2beme
    free2beme

To be honest, I think Star Trek was is huge need of a make over and reinvention. It had become so dumb and taking itself way to serious. This look like a nice new outlook. The problem with the series though, you change to little and you can not bring new fans in. You change to much, and those geek (live in the basement of my mothers house) Trekies will go nuts and blow their brains out. Personally, in 37 years on this planet. I have come to the conclusion that Star Trek needs to be buried a few more decades! Not saying I wont go see it, but I am looking more forward to the final season of Battlestar Gallactica, then this movie.

Big Tex

Star Trek is exactly what I said, taken way to serious. I want action, good story and something that keeps my interest. Not some sitting next to me going "FAKE FAKE FAKE" and forgetting, the orginal series was not real either. Trust me, they either reinvent this thing or it is done for good. Look what changes they did to keep Bond going, change or die.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    (Me thinks it will be infinitely inferior to 'The Wrath of Khan', but I still want to see it.)

Best of the trek movies.

http://www.khaaan.com/

• leavingwt
  • zions watchman
    zions watchman

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!! I HAVE PERSONALLY MET WILLIAM SHATTER. COOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit