Young Witness Calls on Me with the Tract - We Both get Educated !

by flipper 34 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- Yeah, I realize I won't be a return visit. But perhaps this young lady will really think about some of the things I said in her down time ! Thanks

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

excellently handled

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

That's a wonderful idea having the material ready ..I always thought no one would call at my house but someone did the othre morning, they just left a tract in the door and left. They are making tracts bigger that they did when I was a JW. Easier to spot in the door I guess..

And I agree..she sounds like she has a good mind, hopefully she will reason out what you showed her and start questioning the JW's more!

Good Job...as usual..

Snoozy..

• flipper
    flipper

STILLAJWEXELDER- Thanks bud for the props !

SNOOZY- I feel this young lady did have a good head on her shoulders - seemed to be pretty reasonable ! Hopefully she will think about things. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Good job.

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Good job. I got a call from a couple of older sisters a while ago. The spiel was the same old same - same practiced answers. And they said the New World Translation is the most accurate Bible too.

NOT!

It can be so hard to get the door of a JW's mind opened enough to let a little sunshine in there. But the Lord got me out of the WT after 45 years and I go to a Southern Baptist Church now and find the Bible study to be very good with their Lifeway materials. I like the dinners, desert socials, choir, basketball games out back, prayer-breakfasts and nice loving friends I have. And my 10 year old son has good friends, lots of them. He takes guitar lessons from one of the teens here for $20 an hour, cheap I'm told.

No more living in the basement for us.

Regards,

Paul

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good job flipper. Thinking back I am certain I have called on apostates on the door to door work. I can think of conversations with people who really knew their stuff and tried to get me thinking. AN uncomfortable position for a JW!

• justhuman
    justhuman

Great job Mr. Flipper...I'm sure she would start to work her minds...I wish I had the chance to "witness"to a JW. That it is the advantage to live in big countries.You moved to another town, no body knows you, and you have the opportunity to open a close mind.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Flipper, as recently as earlier this year, you were my worst nightmare at the door. Come on she just wanted to unload those tracts, turn in her 3hrs., take a coffee break and get on with her weekend. Seriously, she sounded a little open minded and what a great job you did with her. Who knows she might really think about this in the future. Do you think you made it into her RV book? Unfortunately we live in our territory and I am sure my house is to be avoided like grim death.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Excellent Mr. Flipper!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit