How Women are treated in the WTS - from the Awake!

by hawkaw 41 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Below is a scanned article from the August 22, 1967 Awake! magazine that deals with women and why they don't hold positions of authority in the Wachtower.

Metatron brought this subject up a few months ago and someone was nice enough to give me the actual article. I have passed this on to a few people but now I have figured out a way to pass it on to everyone.

Read this article carefully. Copy it and give it out. I have yet to read an apology by the WTS for this article. The that time of the month comment is absolutely unreal and disgusting never mind the brains of a women are smaller than a man comment.

To read ... add a http:// in front of the following urls and copy them to your browser

hawkawl.freeservers.com/Page_27.jpg

hawkawl.freeservers.com/Page_28.jpg

Edited by - hawkaw on 12 February 2003 16:36:13

Edited by - hawkaw on 12 February 2003 16:36:57

• detective
    detective

Hi Hawk,
    I'm getting little red X's instead of the scans. I'm looking forward to reading these articles. My stomach is turning just thinking about them!

• logical
    logical

1 Timothy 2:12

HOW PLAINLY OBVIOUS is it that verse is NOT INPSIRED OF HOLY SPIRIT, it is PAUL's OWN OPINION!!

The use of I means it comes from Paul's own brain and his own thoughts, not from the Spirit, for if it did, HE WOULD HAVE SAID SO!

Im sure the Watchtower knew that too. Just gave them an excuse to dish out their evil spiritual POISON.

• LDH
    LDH

It is a good thing there are no Fortune 500 FEMALE executives! Just think of all the responsibilities that they would have in addition to worrying about their periods!

[8>]

Lisa
    Cow class

• TR
    TR

Hmmmm....no reply from Elke? Wonder why not?

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Greetings, Hawk,

Gag!

Skull size? Even in 1967 phrenology was thoroughly discredited as a science. Science also knew for a fact that when organs were transplanted no "cannibalism" occurred. Since the WTS speaks for "Jehovah", I guess "Jehovah" was too busy with other matters to keep up with human science.

I particularly enjoyed the statement that an "abundance" of sensitivity and gentleness does not go hand in hand with the "stern" requirements of leadership in the congregations! The WTS doesn't want gentle, sensitive people leading the flock, and that statement makes it perfectly clear.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

My mother (life long JW) was just asking me why my older sister (age 43) is so messed up. She was encouraged to chase boys as a teenager, then when the parents divorced (sis age 15), mom realized education was important and pushed that we had to be "independent." Hard to do with this being read to us. Sis ran away at 17, married at 18 and never graduated. Mom cannot see that the JW doctrines and her pushing them on us had anything to do with it.

I despise these people and always will. I attribute the breakup of my family to their teachings and my mothers being brain washed. My sister now has a brain tumor. My mother said she will pray for her. Big deal.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Just goes to show how much bullpucky Jehovah, through his earthly organization, is capable of generating.

This shows how badly a cult can warp the mind -- there remains absolutely no ability to recognize nonsense.

AlanF

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Lordy,

What tripe. Thanks for the articles. You should be our statistician, Hawk....

ashi

• gravyman
    gravyman

I heard an item on the radio recently discussing research which stated that while women's brains are smaller, this is because the brain cells themselves are more densely packed - a more efficient use of space, perhaps? I should think that'd mean there'd be less chance of them getting knocked about in there...

And as for "psychologically sound" - like the WTS ever knew what THAT meant - I would've thought the two concepts were mutually exclusive

gravyman

"Not a soul asked the gravy man for gravy, and his smile was bitter..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit