Are most JWs really disfellowshipped for sexual reasons?

by JimmyPage 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

That's the claim they always make. But is that just a cover for the fact that most are now waking up to the B.S? Or that when people do wake up to the B.S. they decide, what the hey, I might as well have some sexcapades now since it doesn't matter anyway? So that the two are linked...

• asilentone
    asilentone

If the ex elders here on JWD said that disfellowshipping is mostly for sexual reasons, then most likely that most of JW are disfellowshipped for immorality.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

bttt

I'm interested in knowing as well.

• oompa
    oompa

It is far and away the number one reason....and not just for the young horny glandular ones.....there is plenty of bodily fluids being swapped with the older bunch too. The urge for having sex is up there with the need for food and water....and of course WT and Bible pretty much say "only as hubby and wife"....I know of only one person df'd for being a drunk....and one for apostacy....and 2,978 for something sexual....haha........oompa......

so what other rare reasons do you know of a DF for??

• sir82
    sir82

In my experience with judicial committess, over 15 or so years....I'd say easily 80-90% are for sexual "sins". The other 10-20% are typically for drunkenness or drug abuse.

In my experience, I never handled an "apostasy" case, nor were there any handled by other elders in the congregations I attended.

There's a whole raft of DF offenses in the elder book that virtually never come up: Theft, murder, lying, gluttony, etc.

Of course, my experience is not necessarily indicative of the JW world at large...but given the inordinate amount of WT articles on sexual improprieties, I'd feel confident in saying that my 80-90% is pretty close to accurate.

I'm not saying that "apostasy" or "apostate thoughts" are necessarily rare in the congregations. It could be that those who are awakened to the "truth about the truth" tend to be more serious and careful thinkers. Knowing the consequences of making their feelings known, many opt to fade out rather than face a committee.

• undercover
    undercover

I think that over time fornication is the number one reason but I'd be willing to wager that the percentage of those DFd for sexual reasons is shrinking. It may still be the number one reason, but I bet the number of those DFd/DAd for apostasy is on the increase.

And I think that's one of the reasons why they've changed the announcement to the congregation. It's so generic now, the congregation doesn't know if the person was DFd or DAd themselves. All they hear is that someone was removed so they automatically think that the person committed some sin and was removed. The Society doesn't want them to know that people are willingly DAing themselves.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

On the JCs I have sat, I would say 80% for sex, 15% for smoking, 5% for apostasy

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

From my own experience and talking with many other women who experienced domestic violence at the hands of their jw husbands, many are df'd for accusations of adultery.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I do agree that most get DF'd for sexual reasons. But most of them believe the lie and return. I think most leave due to doctrinal reasons because they no longer believe it...

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I'm familiar with more than a few around here that got DF for smoking. Of all things to get DF for I'd have to think that would be at the bottom of my list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit