60 Minutes

by watson 25 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Mrs . Obama is one of the reasons I like Barak so much . During the campaign I heard her support of her husband and was impressed with her intelligence and willingness to speak for herself .I hope the White House will not change her .

I too am looking forward to having someone in the White House that will bring honor and dignity back to the position of President .

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If we are lucky her Momma will be the black Miss Lillian Carter.... that will take a lot of pressure off the press corp and give Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson a lead story every night.

So... who will play Barrack"s brother "Billy" ?

Hill

• snowbird
    snowbird

I think Chris Tucker will do it quite well.

Hill, how is it that you and I somehow manage to end up on the same page?

Sylvia

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hill, how is it that you and I somehow manage to end up on the same page?

Sylvia

Oh my, maybe Hikaru is right!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good looking dog and pony show! I don't buy the plastic 'we are just like you bullshit' though.

Jeff

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

She didn't grate my nerves at all. She's a strong black woman who keeps it real with her husband. She's not gonna sit back and smile pretty for the camera and I don't blame her. That's what we do, keep it real and that's what I want from the POTUS - just keep it real.

I think she'll be a great 1st Lady and keep her hubby grounded.

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Good looking dog and pony show! I don't buy the plastic 'we are just like you bullshit' though.

Jeff will anything he does or say satisfy you? Even if he turns things around for the US and I don't mean "fix everything" but just make some things a little better during his term, will you be able to give him credit?

nj

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I enjoyed the interview , I thought it brought out a little more of the personality of the man and his wife and that was the direct intension.

It wasn't a campaign interview about policies, the interviewer was trying to shine a different light on who Obama is and his family.

I didn't find Michael annoying , she certainly was talkative and open, remember she was brought into the second part of the interview with that intension

of exposing a bit of her personality and character. I thought the latter part of the interview was somewhat silly and redundant , particularly when he was asked

about his mother in law sheesh talk about putting a guy on the spot right on national television.

All in all I think good things are going to happen in 2009 for the US, optimism and confidence should return which may ripple its effects globally.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    campaign interview about policies, the interviewer was trying to shine a different light on who Obama is and his family.~Homerhova

I am glad you noted that point about how interveiws shine a particular light on things, Homer. This whole election season has been a PR persons wet dream. Obama is easy to market... I hope he lives up to the hype... but somehow I think we well find he is a Ford Taurus dressed up as a Ford 500.

Jimmy Carter with a better haircut.

Hill

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Oh I know there is an over preponderance of hype surrounding this guy, but with the state of problems that the US is in right now

its essential to have someone intelligent and articulate and who is also aggressive for the sake the improvement of the country,

qualities that either GW or McCain do not have.

I don't see the similarities with Carter and Obama except for their heart and compassion for the country , Obama presents himself with more intelligence

and articulation than Carter comparing the two..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit