Sirius or XM?

by IronClaw 10 Replies latest jw friends

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Now that they have merged how do you like it. Having been a DJ back in the late 70's early 80's, I loved to listen to the 70's on 7 on XM. The morning DJ John Clay was excellent. His knowledge of the bands and laid back style was refreshing. Unfortunately he and many others got the ax this week. The new guy in the mornings is just pitiful. Yelling and corny jokes. Just my opinion.

The Claw

• shamus100
    shamus100

Neither.

I owned sirius, and the only thing they have are playlists that just keep going around and around. Xm is just, well, awful. Dont ever buy xm.

Buy yourself an ipod, or zune (which I just did). Pretty awesome, and a lot less expensive than those satellite radios.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Sirius came in the last car I purchased. I got one year free. I liked the idea, but the sound quality was simply HORRIBLE. It sounded worse than 128kbps MP3 files. I'm not exactly an audiophile, but I do have discerning ears. I didn't renew when my first free year expired.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Sirius came in the last car I purchased

Sirius Black died in the last Harry Potter movie.

Hey wait a minute . . . .

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I had free Sirius too, and I was unimpressed with the sound quality as well.

• halcyon
    halcyon

oh, so it's NOT my speakers?

I just got a new car with XM/Sirius. I'm loving the options of music but assumed my speaker system wasn't great. I'll have to try a CD out and see.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I really don't have experience with Sirius. We have XM at work. I love 70's and channel22. On channel 22 it seems like they play the same thing over and over but they are my favorites anyway.

• Purza
    Purza

I received XM when I bought my new car last year. I liked it, so I subscribed. Now that they have merged with Sirius, I am taking some time to adjust. I do notice that on "Hair Nation" which used to be "the Boneyard" they play the same songs every day. Kinda annoying. However, I like being able to access the NFL games now. I preferred XM and I think that was because I was used to it. The jury is still out (for me) on the merger.

Purza

• garybuss
    garybuss

Is there a dual feed system now? Or are they broadcasting the same programming on both formats?

What format is the new off the shelf radio in? I've never had either but I only get two stations here in Dakota and I get a little bored with them. I don't listen to music at all, just talk. I'm interested in trying satellite radio but I'd want a receiver I could take with me from the truck to the shop to the house.

What retailer do I go to? I have most of the usual national big boxes here.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The thing that ticks me off about the merger is that they have retired channel 2. That's where Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour used to play continuously all day on Wednesdays. TTRH is still on, but it's now buried on one of the Sirius stations and only available at specific times. Since I'm a salesman who is on the road a lot, but not always at the same times, the all-day repeating format was very convenient; now I probably won't get to hear the program much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit