JW Child Abuse Makes 'Private Eye'

by Joe Grundy 28 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Much appreciated!! Thanks for your work.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Much appreciated - thanks for your efforts!
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Boy Jehovah's Organization should welcome the paying of taxes just like Jesus their head and they his bride class or something should follow through and help society out by paying taxes on everything just like a normal business selling what ever.

But they are penny pinching business men and not brides of Christ so they are not gonna like it.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick
    Well done Joe. Great work. Private Eye is read by a lot of MP's and those in the establishment. Good to get this problem to a wider audience.
  • bemused
    bemused

That's great news Joe - well done.

As others have said, Private Eye has a high readership amongst the establishment (partly because they're worried they might appear in it). You can be certain that the Charity Commissioners will be aware of this article and will want to do a thorough job on the WT's abuse problems knowing that the Eye's spotlight is on them.

Like you, I was surprised at the extent of the data request. No timeframe was mentioned but going back a few years I bet there are many skeletons lurking in the WT closet.

The headline was good and may be picked up by the popular press ('Silent Witness' is a popular BBC crime drama in the UK).

• bemused
    bemused

The WT really have been monumentally stupid here. Actually, the evidence requested might arguably be disproportionate, but for some pig-headed reason they knowingly went down an incorrect legal route (judicial review) and then timed out on the correct channel (charity tribunal).

I suppose they could be trying to provoke some sort of crisis but it seems more likely that they are just both stupid and arrogant.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

bemused - "I suppose they could be trying to provoke some sort of crisis but it seems more likely that they are just both stupid and arrogant."

Or they could be trying to provoke some sort of crisis because they're both stupid and arrogant.

x

I'm increasingly convinced that the child abuse/charity/tax-exempt angle is the way to go in dealing with the WTS.

• jhine
    jhine

Great work

Jan

• bemused
    bemused

Vidiot - 'Or they could be trying to provoke some sort of crisis because they're both stupid and arrogant.'

Yes, I guess they might think that they can somehow paint themselves as victims and thus keep the support of their congregations who might otherwise begin to wonder what all the fuss is about. Doomed to failure I'd have thought, especially on this issue, but desperate people do desperate things.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

bemused - "Yes, I guess they might think that they can somehow paint themselves as victims and thus keep the support of their congregations who might otherwise begin to wonder what all the fuss is about. Doomed to failure I'd have thought, especially on this issue, but desperate people do desperate things."

Take that line of thought to its (il)logical conclusion...

x

...feeling so threatened by "Satan's World" (in reality, the lawsuits, membership apathy, and plateauing revenue flow) that they try to provoke "persecution" from "Gog / Magog" in the hopes that J-Ho will kickstart the Apocalypse and bail them out before it all comes crumbling down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit