Juicing: veggies & fruit.

by LouBelle 31 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have tried the variation of juiced carrots with 1 or two fresh oranges juiced - also wonderful

• Vinny
    Vinny

"Does anyone have a Vita Mix?"

**** I bought a Vita-Mix 12 years ago. And still use it every week including yesterday. It can rev-up like an outboard boat motor. Seriously. But I use that for fruit shakes. If it ever breaks I'll get another.

For juicing, we tried several models before getting the absolute best juicer I have ever seen or used, a Champion. That thing is built like a tank. Very heavy and simple. Very little change over 25 years. Here is what it does.

"Why a Champion?

The Champion Juicer is the answer to every juicing problem. Because it operates on the mastication process, the Champion Juicer chews the fibers and breaks up the cells of vegetables and fruits. This give you more fiber, enzymes, vitamins and trace minerals. This all results in the darker, richer color of the juice and a sweeter, richer more full-bodied flavor.

You Can See and Taste The Difference

As more value is extracted from a vegetable, more pigments or color are also extracted. This is why Champion prepared juice is darker and richer in color when compared to that of a conventional centrifugal-type juicer. This is true whether it is carrot juice, mixed vegetable juice or straight chlorophyll juice such as parsley juice or turnip leaf juice. You can also see it in the Champion-extracted pulp; it is pale in color. The difference in quality is also apparent in taste. Juices extracted by a Champion Juicer are richer and offer a more full-bodied flavor."

Get one here: http://www.living-foods.com/marketplace/champion.html

My fav kind of juice is a Carrot-Beat-Cucumber-Apples-Pears and sometimes a whole lime combo. Just wow.

After talking about it I want one now.

Vinny

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it seems like alot of sugar is getting consumed

• Vinny
    Vinny

"it seems like alot of sugar is getting consumed"

**** It sure beats eating junk food. And you literally FEEL it being absorbed by your body. Is also great for bringing your body into a non-acidic state. Especially the veggies.

I still like eating whole foods too. But juicing is a great supplement.

Try it sometime. You'll then know what I'm talking about. Some good stuff there.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

been there done that. I am very much into nutrition and I did try this years ago. Most JW;s in that craze just juiced fruit. With so many calories getting consumed they gained weight. I mostly juiced veggies.

I have my mom on juiced artichokes. She has been helped by this

• Vinny
    Vinny

"Most JW;s in that craze just juiced fruit. With so many calories getting consumed they gained weight."

**** Been there and done that too, unfortunately. Now I go for quality over quantity.

"I have my mom on juiced artichokes."

**** Yikes. Does not sound too appealing at all. Maybe I'll try it some day... while holding my nose.

Juiced artichokes. Ugh.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

worked wonders with her liver. Even the Dr's are amazed. FYI she goes to UCLA medical and they are very much a researching facility

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

The best machine is a Vita-Mix. It has a really high speed motor for doing difficult and hard veggies & fruits. I used to have one but I left it for my ex. He doesn't use it so I wish I took it now. Hope this works out for you. Juicing is great for quick meals and snacks. Sometimes you do need to have a piece of fish to bite into for satisfaction.

Kit

• scotsman
    scotsman

beetroot, apple, celery and ginger with a twist of black pepper. mmmmmm

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's true that it is easy to drink too much sugar if you're not careful with your juice mixtures. When I was fasting with a nutritionist's help, he had me juice carrot, celery and green apple for breakfast. A stalk or too of celery, a carrot and an apple - made about 4 to 6 ounces, enough for one serving. What I see a lot of people who juice do is juice quarts of stuff with a lot of fruit in it, it's really sweet, and isn't that helpful. And they drink it like water, in huge amounts. Nowadays I don't juice, too much mess, but I buy the green juice at Trader Joe's that has only green stuff in it, no fruit. It tastes pretty good, about the way it tastes to chew on celery or parsley. I drink two to four ounces a day. I eat my fruit without juicing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit