Leave silently or loudly: that is the question

by Hiddenwindow 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I wish I made more noise when I left. After I DA'd the gossip mill was running 24/7 to trash my reputation. Making some noise wouldn't have hurt me a bit.

Me too. , but I was running for my life at the time.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

if you want to talk to your family leaving silently is fine.

but, if they did you wrong and took your family away..... I would probably picket their KH entrance with signs every week.

I would make sure the neighbors would see what they did to their own.

make sure they passers by, see how they do to families

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Leave loudly for sure...just get up during the Public talk, let rip a huge fart....and leave never to be seen again!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

When I left I made no noise , I left quietly and that is what shocked the congregation to its foundation. No one in a million years expected me to leave the organization. Not even my family. They said to me they could understand me divorcing my ex but couldn't comprehend my leaving the "truth", that was a absoulety confounding to them.

I think though my mother knew in her heart I was on my way out. She practically said I was a good for nothing JW and if she felt I was n't any good or stood a chance with God I thought well that is it, I am leaving. Along with all the other reasons that I have expressed over all the years I have been on JWD.

There are times I wish I had sounded a trumpet and made all kinds of noise but then they would have thought of me as a screaming banshee and that I didn't need. My silence was my testimony. I know not if my ex got in trouble but I don't really care he got his just desserts. He married on the rebound and is miserable as hell. Not that I wished that upon him, but he refused to listen to the elders who told him he was making a grave error with that sister. Now he wishes he had listened to them. You know that old adage Silence is Golden and Speech is duck tape. (silver).

Orangefatcat

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Depend on what you want to accomplish. I personally dont care if nobody is a JW or if every other person in the world is.

I left loud b/c I was very well known JW across the State. Didnt want anyone thinking I was still a JW/believed which is what they would have thought if I faded. I also dont care if my family talks to me or not. They are just people I happen to be related to.

Im living like I want out in the open. That is important to me. I cant imagine if I had to worry about what jws saw me doing.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Disassociating during the Watchtower Study while making a comment is very effective.

Plus...

It puts the brakes on the JW rumor mill that is going to say you were fornicating, engaging in loose conduct, etc.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I don't give a shit what people think or don't think about me leaving. You will never change those people - they need to change themselves. 99% don't want that change, either due to alienating family/friends, or just believing the nonsense (in which case you give they're persecution complex more ground). One day they will see the light - I know I wasn't ready until I had had enough.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Go with a huge bang... Those poor teenagers need some entertainment!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

If I wrote a letter or met with them and told them how I really feel it would be very cut and dry for them. Most JW's only see in black and white, good and bad, It would have made it easier for them. They could just label me as "bad". But this way (a lifer who abruptly stops) everyone is wondering, gossiping about it in the whole circuit. Our friends that are still in have felt freer to come to us about their issues regarding the organization. They would not even still be talking to me if I was DFed. Instead they can observe that our family is thriving and that we have not jumped off the deep end.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

even though I never went to any JC hearings I wasn't going to allow men to be my judge what happened in my mind was between me and God not three men and God. Over the past nine years I have developed a strong back bone and I know I can stand up to any JW elder any day of the week. Like the elder I spoke with regarding my ex husband and his wife who was neglecting him and abusing him, I found out this through my son and their neighbours. So when I went to this elders home to tell him if they didn't do anything about it I was going to call the authorities.

Elderly abuse hotline and the authorities. The elder was taken aback by my straightforwardness and started moving backwards and said to me well Terry your disfellowshipped and I said well aren't you still and elder to which he said yes and I said well you can talk to me. and I said to him regardless of what you do I am still reporting this to the authorities and to the Canadian Mental Health Association. And He just kind of kept going backwards but now a lot faster and I said thanks and was off into the wild blue yonder and felt terrific for having spoken up about this. Oh sure I know I am divorced from him but I still care we share a son together and were married 28yrs so we do have a history and I hate the bitch he is married to as she is a real person with mental problems big time.

I wish that I had spoke out loudly the last time I went to the meeting but said nothing as this would have foiled my already set plans that were already in place for my escape.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit