What was your congregation's Theocratic School "Written Review" like?

by juni 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

I did the best I could on them. I never prepared.

I remember our KH was deathly silent during the "Review". People seems happier on those nights. Probably because we didn't have to sit through more subpar 3rd grade level speechs about the Bible anymore.

Ah, memories.

• ninja
    ninja

I used to copy from the PO's paper when he wasn't looking.....then shout ..."I finished first" and look around all smug at everyone else........then I would ping elastic bands at the fat kids heads.....

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I remember being about 10 y/o and getting a perfect score on mine. My old man, control freak that he was had to look at it after and make sure I did it/see how I did. He took me outside accusing me of cheating. I refused to recant. He gave me a slap on the side of the head and beat my ass when we got home.

• juni
    juni

Hey ninj! How ya doing? Why do I not find that hard to believe about the young ninj snapping rubber bands at heads???

Sorry to hear that IP_SEC. Damn.

Thanks mavie and Magwitch for your experiences too.

• oompa
    oompa

well....ahem...what i love is that i never studied or prepared for it and never missed more that 17 questions................oompa

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

That was a good night to skip.

• lawrence
    lawrence

We had rabid dogs patrol the hall for cheaters. Exams were swapped, and failures were thrown into the Valley of Hinnom. What a crap house!

• blondie
    blondie

At one time they turned them into the school conductor, then changed to passing to the person next to them, then changed again to correcting your own. I came at the correcting your own stage at about ten.

I also am of the stage when the review was handed out the night of the review, no preview weeks before.

• sir82
    sir82

Didn't they used to post the scores on the bulletin information board, way way back when? That would have been in the 50's or 60's maybe?

• blondie
    blondie

Before my time, sir82. I wonder why they didn't post the individual monthly time slips? That would have embarrassed people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit