What was your congregation's Theocratic School "Written Review" like?

by juni 20 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

hey everyone..

What do you remember from your experience w/written reviews?

Did you correct your own paper or did you pass it to someone else? Any other details?

Thanks.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Well Juni funny you should ask. I swear I passed mine to my wife sitting next to me, but maybe that's just because she wore the pants in the family at the time.(Damn Pioneer sisters)

brzfst

• four candles
    four candles

Most times the study conductor would ask from the platform for the answers from us, my younger step daughter was just getting into answering as she was only 5 or 6,when her older brother said,say 'a frog',she was so trusting she did,and everybody laughed. I think she is still traumatised today and she is late 20's now. I think it put her off for life.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I used to get all of the questions right.

If they asked the same questions now, I would probably get them wrong, even though I would give the same answer.

My recollection is that we marked our own paper and just bragged about it if we got them all correct and talked about anything else if we got one wrong.

Cheers

Chris

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We used to correct them ourselves on the "honor" system. I was honest in correcting my own paper, because I thought I would only be cheating myself had I cheated on it. Of course, they did the dodo of allowing the Bible alone on these reviews.

• sacolton
    sacolton

My wife and I would play hookey on that night. Too boring!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'd try to plan to miss it, it was so boring...

....it was just a time waster as far I was concerned.

Especially since I worked nights, I could do it at home for all that it mattered.

h40

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

More boring then the Meeting itself.....written review! True, False oh hell just fill it in when you get the answers at the end and cheat.

• juni
    juni

Thank you all.

Yeah.. this is how I remembered the process. Boring as all hell, huge waste of time and grading by the honor system.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My ex was the TMS conductor...I always made a copy of the answers (from his confidential folder, of course) and then during the answers I tried to appear spiritual and interested (which I was neither).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit