Are you stable? (Mentally, that is)

by ashitaka 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

OK.....any response will do, but if you're going to post a funny one, please also type your real thoughts along with it.

As for me, I'm pretty wild, but stable. I never mention or show my fears; especially if my wife is around. I can't bear to make her nervous.

ashi

• Celtic
    Celtic

Of course, you know I am

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Personnally, I still find it hard to have a "normal" life. How can you call it normal when some members of your family shun you? It's great to see that you are completly free from any religion but sometime this freedom can be fearful. I'm doing my possible to have a normal life and I want to get the most of what the life can give me. I want to live and have fun.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

• siegswife
    siegswife

It depends who you ask.

I think I'm stable and my life seems to reflect that. I do occasionally entertain some odd or unpopular ideas (I was a JW wasn't I?), but I usually manage to achieve some level of balance. My family just thinks I'm strange.

Like I said, it depends who you ask.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Thanks for the responses, but I'm going for the question, are you mentally ill, or do you have SERIOUS hangups, but I certainly know what you mean, Nicolas.

ashi

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I won't say that I'm seriously mentally ill but I would be like that if I didn't have the help of a professionnal to help me to cope with my problem. Also, I found out that I may have diabete, I still don't know if it's true but I'll have to pass some tests to find out the truth.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Well I have an actual diagnosis. I was diagnosised with cyclothymia. It is a lesser form of bipolar, that can be control by cognitive therapy. I use to be very unstable, but considering my mom has borderline personality disorder and my dad possible has bipolar I dealt with life well. I had a break down junior year in college. I decided to seek therapy. I have become very self-aware and I have accopmplished many personal goals in the last year. I am more stable now than I have been since I was 16 and I am now 24. I have been able to set boundaries for myself and others in my life. I have realized how I can be a better person. I realized I can only control myself and it does not work to control the world or people around you because you never can do that, you only have control over yourself and your reactions. I have also been able to realize i need to grieve the loss of a normal relationship with my mom because it will never be. I am still in that process and I am most unstable when it comes to her, because I really wanted a better relationship with her. I know this is really long...but that is my answer to you mental question :) Good post by the way....

• IWish4Truth
    IWish4Truth

I think Im am mentally unstable at times. I think too much. Im still working thru a lot of things within myself, so Im trying to become more mentally balanced!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I will tell you what you want to know.
    Im on medication for an illness called Bipolar disorder myself.
    Lithium is the medication, prescribed by a psychiatrist.

Of the other, say, 5 ex Jehovahs I know well, 1 is outright schizophrenic and is under mental care.1 other is on medication same as me, and 2 others attend therapy with psychologists....
    Actually another one (just came to mind)is under medical control for MPD.
    of the 6 or so ex Witnesses I know 5 are under treatment and the "sane" one is completely mad,madder than the rest of us, just not under care.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's a dysthymia thang, you wouldn't understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit