most dubs are exactly like us faded ones!...l have proven it lately

by oompa 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Oompa, this is exactly the cognitive dissonance I have experienced in my mom. She is in absolute denial of what the WT teaches because she has a WT-lite (not to be confused with 'light') version of 'the truth' in her head that is in direct conflict with the WT. EXCEPT that she is in denial of the fact that the WT teaches it all all (vs they are not dogmatic about it, like the date issue that your dad has).

She has totally cut me off because she said that what I said was SO hateful, so mean, so cruel, so twisting, that I must be mentally ill, and that I should not ever contact her again unless it is to apologise.I am kind of stubborn. I won't apologise for speaking the truth. How could I apologise, anyway?

Have you all ever noticed me lie about the WT just to make them look bad? NO. It is like putting more frosting on a sliced piece of wedding cake cut by the bride. They have enough ugly in it already, I don't need to make anything up.

Having the ugly pointed out to her is proof that I am a lying, twisting apostate, not proof that she believes in a lying, twisted, religion.

If she was only as rational as your JW loved ones, I would at least be able to have a rational conversation. She is totally insane at this point, IMO, and my sister is in agreement. And she doesn't give a crap about the religion, so this isn't just about my issues with her. The woman has lost it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit