"Mom, why would He do such a thing?"

by Esmeralda 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Essie,

Men like your ex make me want to apologize to the female half of humanity.

My wife used to play a game with our kids she'd say "how much do I love you-this much" an stretch her arms out as far as she could. Then the kids were supposed to say they loved her more. Then she'd say I love YOU more. They go back and forth for hours, it seemed like.

We might have been bad dubs, but our kids turned out to be human beings.

• logical
    logical

They dont get it do they? Im sorry for the way they act, its really sick. The Watchtower will have a lot to answer for.

You would be honouring Jah (and not the Watchtower's jehovah) by showing total and unconditional love toward your children, toward everyone. That is what he wants, US TO LOVE EACH OTHER. What better way can we imitate the God of LOVE? If we are not allowed to love our families totally because we are supposed to love "jehovah" more, then our families start to suffer.

You need to remember, the GOD OF LOVE will not punish you for LOVING PEOPLE!!! If we show total love for our family, friends and even enemies, then think how happy Jah would be to see people truly happy and loved the way it should be, true fruits of the Spirit. Worshipping JAH in SPIRIT.

True love has no bounds.

• Preston
    Preston

Many, MANY praises to you and Justin for being great parents. I can assure you if there were more people like you guys many of the Organization's problems would be over very quickly.

Some food for thought:

If God wants you to love him more than anyone else, does that mean he loves himself more than anything? I don't know, sounds kinda narcissistic. Your little girl has two things that God does not have: a mother and a father (At least, that's my understanding). Still, I think it's unreasonable to conclude that he doesn't know what it's like to have children that you love and want to care for... more than anything.

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((Essie, Justin and Leah))))))

I am so sorry about this. Children in divided households learn very early that the non-Witness parent has 'sided' with Satan -- not consciously, of course!!! My middle daughter told her father that very thing -- that he was "on Satan's side" when she was only FOUR years old. I had NEVER said such a thing myself. She learned it from the meetings. It must have disturbed her very much. Hearing her say it out loud disturbed ME very much. And my husband was LIVID.

OldHippie does not know what he's talking about and has gotten me extremely mad for the second time in less than two weeks! Go suck an egg or something, OldHypocrite!

Essie, you handled the situation very well, and Leah [and Justin] are lucky to have you!

Do, please, keep records of these things. It will help in court later if that's the route you decide to go.

Love,

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Thanks Outnfree...your point is valid about them picking such things up at meetings. That's why when I talk to my ex about this stuff I always present that as an option, helps him keep his temper in check. It does happen.

The latest development:

Ten minutes ago, I called my ex on the carpet for what Leah said. He came to pick her up to take her to dinner and I stepped outside and told him what happened. Of course he said that he "never said any such a thing" and "didn't know where she'd gotten the idea"

He got a very familliar look on his face though (when he was trying to hide something) when I brought up how much it upsets her to think that he loves his God more than her. He rubbed his chin too, that's a dead giveaway with him that he's lying/hiding something.

I said "Well, maybe you didn't say it to her directly but I want to be sure that she understands that you don't believe that I'm in league with the Devil."

"It's not my place to say such a thing." he said casually.

Still rubbing that chin.

"That's right," I said, looking him squarely in the eye. "Just remember that. And make sure she remembers that too."

The message was received. If he didn't say it to her and she picked it up at the hall, well I acted as if I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But I know damn well the way he operates.

He looked like he knew he'd been busted; and believe me, after seven years of marriage I can read the man like a book.

Maybe he'll think before he opens his mouth the next time. Or at the very least he's been reminded that what he says will get back to me.

Thanks everyone for the love and support. It really means a lot :)

*hugs*
    Essie

p.s. Good lord Jeff, you don't have to take on the responsibility of apologizing to me for the male of the species *LOL* Not your job, man! But I appreciate the thought just the same. My husband has often said the same thing to me in the past. But you know what? It's not the sex that matters in this case. It's the Borg. Just ask dear Freepeace how evil JW women can be.

• JeffT
    JeffT

It's not just JW men (or women). My wife has a friend who's husband chases women at the drop of a hat. She's a member of our church, he's not; and neither of them have ever had anything to do with witnesses.

A few years ago she related a counseling session they had had to my wife. She said the counselor suggested maybe there was a problem with their sex life. They were both in agreement that the sex was pretty good. So the counselor suggests that maybe it isn't frequent enough for him. The friend says there shouldn't be any problem with frequency because she doesn't believe in saying "no."

At that point I wanted to beat this idiot's head in and ask him what the hell he was looking for, because whatever it is, he won't find it.

• TR
    TR

Hey Essie,

you're welcome! Anytime!

Yeah, that Edmund Burke quote is a good one. I think I'll bring it back as soon as Osama is caught or killed.

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit