did your wife run off and get pregnant?

by oompa 45 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

or is it just me?...ya...it was wicked hard to deal with and i will never be the same...we had two cute kids at the time, very young, and she was out knocking on doors with a 35 hour a month average....i was never spiritual enough and hated service....and felt there were too many meetings......she truly just disappeared one day...no note...i found her thousands of miles away, not even in the US....ya how is that for weird?.....can anybody top that?....i lost 20 pounds the first month and was already skinny.....i still care for her greatly, and know she was truly mentally ill at the time......cause you would have to be crazy to leave a guy like me!!!!.....lol.....that line has gotten me through a lot of tough times....she really was ill and on tons of meds.......oompa....this one should be on oprah

again.....can anybody top that?....step up to the plate....i could not find anyone to help me with that, as nobody had had that happen to them

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Words truly fail me - my prayers are with you

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oompa, you win. I have never had a wife who ran off and got pregnant. Actually, I've never had a wife.

• musky
    musky

No, I can't top that one. Maybe her illness will get better and you can see her again.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow, Hon. Well, no, not in the relationship department, I can't "top" that one.

How long ago was this? Did she take the babies with her, or leave them with you? How long until you found out where she was, and that she was alive and okay... (okay being a relative term, here)

Sorry this happened to you, Dear.

Love,
    Baba.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes my first wife left after just being married for 2 years and became a Disco queen / harlot back in the early 80's.

I was just in my early 20's too young perhaps to know how mentally unbalanced she really was due to her overpowering PO father

and her troubled mother who left her when she was only 12.

Add the mental anxiety and emotional awkwardness that the JWS instilled into her its no wonder by the time she was 20 she was ready to jump off a cliff.

She finally settled down and married a non-jws man whom she has had 2 children with and is still married as far as I know............good for her

• dinah
    dinah

Oompa, *blank* or get off the pot.

The more I read, the more I think you are just pulling our collective chain.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Nope, I ran off, and I'm gonna get someone pregnant soon enough...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I had an ex that slept with her two best friend's husbands. There were others but no one is really sure. Never got preggo

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sorry for your pain. Love stinks sometimes. I can't top you. My wife left, but she didn't leave the country and she didn't get pregnant. She just went down to the Tasty Freeze and forgot to tell anybody. Boy were we embarrassed when the police found her finishing off her dipsy doodle, covered with chocolate sprinkles. They brought her home and she said she had never seen me before, not in her life.

Yeah, sometimes, love just stinks. Ask J. Geils:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GluCM_ggMvw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit