DA !

by lancelink 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty
    They are required to contact you to confirm the letter,

And....the person DA'ing is obligated to comply with their final requirements?

I think not......print off a few checks from V's new website and tell them you're starting a special tract campaign so every publisher in the territory can have their own copy....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

you could send them a notarized copy of the letter...

or you could just ignore them. If they call again, file a harrassment complaint with the authorities.

Snakes ()

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

they will not make an announcement until I call them and explain myself.?

You don't owe them squat...as if they're some authority that you have to answer to...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    OK, now the elders want to talk to me, they will not make an announcement until I call them and explain myself.?

Man, what makes you so special? I offered to da myself to get away and stay away from an abusive jw husband, and the elders wanted rid of me so badly that they df'd me instead. WTF?

• mustang
    mustang
    Just tell them to accept your letter at face value and you have nothing more to say.

You've already followed their rules further than they deserve: somebody somewhere has waited 30+ years to see if I would send one

by you talking with them, it shows them you are still bowing to there authority!

Don't give them the satisfaction: if anything, send it again, Return Receipt Requested. Join the No More Interrogations Club.

They are required to contact you to confirm the letter, as they form a DA committee to confirm the DA evidence.

Leave them, in the dark: loose ends dangling. It's their problem not yours.

Here is my DA letter with all kinds of facts proving God never chose the WT world for anything.

The problem is the JC's are basically instructed to "NOT GIVE YOU A FORUM"; all they do is hear enough to decide on "kicking you out".

You don't owe them squat...as if they're some authority that you have to answer to...

Bingo: no gun, no badge, no warrant

If your not worried about being disfellowshipped tell them to F#@$ Off !
    If they call again, file a harrassment complaint with the authorities.

I doubt they would get nasty enough, but there are also Restraining Orders

Mustang

• megawatt
    megawatt

If it brought you closure, then congrats! IMO, even giving them a letter DA is too much. But that's me, but if I were you being in your situation, I wouldn't even call back. And if necessary, re-send your letter and beyond that, restraining order!!!

• mavie
    mavie

Congrats.

Enjoy life. For as Bill & Ted once said to Socrates:

"Dust, Wind, Dude."

Life is short, live in the moment.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

If it works for you then that's a good thing. Some times i wish that i could DA myself, but it would bring too many issues to the front with regards to contact with my mother.

As for the elders wanting to speak to you, it is usual that they contact you to confirm that the letter is from you, that's all.

Paul

• oompa
    oompa

oh PLEASE meet with them....just ask lots of questions (which could make them think and doubt....maybe, but not likely).....and let them know the tough times you have had lately....and ya...you may be confused....then ask them why appendix 1-d says we restored the name Jehovah 237 when quoting from the hebrew scriptures....when in reality the entire book of revelation does it about a dozen time without a single quote from the hebrew scriptures??? how can this be when rev. 22:17-19 says we can change a word of it???...you mean we have our own frikkin CHANGED bible??...NO WAY!!!..........ask them to please call back on you with more info.....it will be funny....trust me...........oompa...

sorry but this simple little (HUGE) lie just pisses me off!!!!!!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Here's a suggestion from the Proclaimers book for when someone leaves a church to become a JW...

*** jv chap. 14 p. 189 "They Are No Part of the World" ***
    Of necessity, getting out of Babylon the Great involved withdrawing from membership in organizations that advocated her false doctrines. The Bible Students did that, although for many years they viewed as Christian brothers those individuals in the churches who professed full consecration and faith in the ransom. Nevertheless, not only did the Bible Students write letters of withdrawal from Christendom’s churches but, when possible, some would read theirs aloud at church meetings where it was in order for members to speak up. If this was not possible, they might send a copy of their letter of withdrawal—a kindly one containing an appropriate witness—to every member of the congregation.

I suppose you could read your letter to the congregation, or send a copy to every member. Why should there be a double standard? Why wouldn't you do what the anointed Bible Students did when they learned "the truth"?

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit