BLOOD FRACTIONS - what if all JWs knew they are a Matter of Conscience???

by insearchoftruth 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TD
    TD

Insearchoftruth:

There is nobody in modern society that has not accepted a blood fraction in one form or another. Fractions are everywhere; even in childhood immunizations that are required for attendance in public schools in developed countries. Many of them contain small amounts of human albumin.

Post exposure vaccines, allergy shots, antivenins for snake and spider bites, and innoculations for exotic and tropical diseases all contain sizeable amounts of both gamma globulin and albumin

The allowance of blood fractions in the JW community is nothing new. Basic plasma proteins like gamma globulin and albumin were first allowed over 50 years ago, in 1958. JW's have been told over and over what is allowed and what is not. Many don't get it at all, and the rest aren't interested.

A different face of the same basic phenomenon exists in the XJW community, where a common misconception is that the allowance of blood fractions is a recent development. It's not that it's a recent development, it's that people don't seem to pay any attention to this subject until after they have left.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I find this SOoooo interesting. A jw told me that back in the old days when people were supposed to bleed the animal, it was obvious that they couldn't get ALL the blood out...so that is kind of how Jehooba views it with fractions- he just doesn't want people to use WHOLE blood. its so obvious. DUH! Why didn't I understand before?

That *might* make a somewhat crazy but valid point IF the scriptures were actually talking about ANYTHING BUT EATING MEAT...but the scriptures had nothing to do with saving a life or keeping someone alive with blood transfusions.

Check out what I read in the Reasoning Book, page 70-

Animal

flesh may be eaten, but not the

blood

Gen. 9:3, 4: “Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to you. Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat.”

Any animal used for food should be properly bled. One that is strangled or that dies in a trap or that is found after it has died is not suitable for food. (Acts 15:19, 20; compare Leviticus 17:13-16.) Similarly, any food to which whole blood or even some blood fraction has been added should not be eaten.

So along what is read here, how in the eFF can they view a blood tranfusion fraction any different??? Seriously, they just need to suck it up and change the whole policy & admit they were wrong.

• Mary
    Mary

I think a general consensus (even amongst many Witnesses themselves), is that the Society is trying to slowly make blood transfusions a "conscience matter" without getting their asses sued from all those that died due to this insane doctrine that should have never been put in place over half a century ago. Their allowing "fractions" is just the first step. Give the R&F a few more years to acclimatize themselves to this and the next step will be for them to say that red cells, white cells and platelets could all be considered "fractions" and therefore a conscience matter. I'm guessing that they'll try explaining it away by saying something like "when the Israelites poured out the blood of a dead animal, they were pouring out whole blood. Since most transfusions today are not whole blood, but are broken down into specific components, it will be a conscience matter for each to decide."

They'll then say how 'grateful' we all should be to the F&DS Class for this 'new light'. No apologies to the thousands of families who lost loved ones thanks to the stupidity of Nathan Knorr's dogmatic stand on making BT's a disfellowshipping offense. I guess everyone will be told to "thank the Lord, even for the mistake."

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

That is infuriating, Mary. Well, thankfully, my jw family allows me to suggest my viewpoints occasionally as long as it's not blatently against the witnesses. There is a new baby in the family and I plan on tugging at their heartstrings with that...."My heart would be broken if ____ had to have a tranfusion and died because tranfusions weren't allowed at the time and then the Witlesses (yes, misspelled on purpose) changed their doctrine a year later?" Something to that effect.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

This whole thing still amazes me......the ignorance of the elder I spoke with, he did not get it when I asked questions about blood....can one use fractions.....yes, a MOC, can one store blood......no, it must be poured on the ground, do fractions come from stored blood......yes......

Did not set off any signals at all, I could tell that all critical thinking skills, at least in that area, were numbed by the beliefs/teachings of the GB......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit