TO CLARIFY A COUPLE OF THINGS ABOUT MY PROJECT.....

by Mary 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the words of encouragment and compliments I've received regarding the project I put together. Not only will it (hopefully) help some family members to see that something's not right regarding many of the WT's doctrines, but it was therapeutic for me to do as well. Like many other ex-Witnesses, I was emotionally devastated and extremely angry when I discovered that this religion was not "the Truth" as was drilled into our brains from day one. I just found that putting this project together has helped me to some degree, come to terms with all the lies I was told.

I've had several PM's and emails either asking me if I will accept a donation for my project, or if I'm going to put it up on the internet. While I did spend alot of time putting this package together, I don't want anyone to think that all the work in it is mine, because it's not. Some of it, like the section on Blood, was based on discussions that we've had here on JWD, as well as other literature that I looked into. The first part of the section on 607 BCE part was based on Alleymom's wonderful thread that she did a while ago, proving from using the scriptures alone, that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 BCE, not 607 BCE. The section on The Cross was mostly a simplified version of Leolaia's wonderful thread that she had done a while ago (I simply do not have the academic background yet to have compiled something like that on my own). In the part on "Smoking", I included one of the experiences from Randy Watter's website.

So to me, this isn't just something that I did alone----it's a compilation of what alot of ex-Witnesses have contributed to. Yes, I put it all together, and did a fair amount of research and writing myself, but there's no way I can take all the credit.

And it's for that reason that I don't think I can accept any of your kind offers for sending me money for the project. I've always considered this as my gift to the ex-Witness world. To date, I've had over 230 requests for my project, (wa-hooo!!) which is well beyond what I expected, but the vast majority of those have been sent out by email, which hasn't cost me anything. The hard copies that I've had cerloxed have not cost me very much and it's something I'm willing to absorb myself. But if you care to make a donation to the Worldwide Witnessing W-----oh wait a minute! I don't have to do that anymore!!

As for putting it up on the internet, I just don't think it's really necessary. There's already so much information out there that I think it would just get lost in the shuffle.

I may add a couple more chapters down the road, but I wanted to get it finished before JWD closes, so I was somewhat rushed in getting it out. I didn't have time to get it proofed so if you see any mistakes, just let me know.

Thanks everyone!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

You are extremely welcome Mary......wonderful job!!!!

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Bump for Mary.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Make it into a website. Its costs virtually nothing to host a site and register the domain name and if you need help in actually making the website i'll do it for you.

• asilentone
    asilentone

yes please turn your project to a website.

• Mary
    Mary

OK, maybe I should turn this thread into a "who thinks I should post my project on the internet'?

If I get a 2/3rds majority vote, I might consider doing it.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

and since dubs can't vote......don't have to be concerned about their input! (unless they live in a land where required by law)

• Morgana
    Morgana

Dear Mary,

I think that your Project is so useful for many (thanks again for sending it to me) that I strongly second the idea of turning it into a web site.

In that way it would be accessible to everyone who needs it, and it would simplify your adding more chapters to it as you indicated you might wish to do in the future.

Best wishes

Morgana

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Question Mary,

How many hours did you put in? Perhaps you can see if they will accept your pioneer application retroactive?

LOL

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I say definitely this deserves to be on the internet. Then it'll reach MANY more than the 200 plus who've already received your project.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit