Hanging Snow flakes on my windows is that bad too?

by Cheetos 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StAnn
    StAnn

You know, I still don't hang Halloween stuff but, rather, autumn stuff. Not because of religion but because I want it to work for both Halloween and for Thanksgiving! So I have pumpkins on the porch (we didn't carve them) and a wreath of fallen leaves on the door.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Is hanging snow flakes or autum stuff a NO NO too and will I get kicked out for it?

Hanging snow flakes is fine as long as you hang Smurfs next to them for good luck.

Farkel

• loosie
    loosie

I hung up ghosts for Halloween and no one has questioned me about it.

I plan to hang big ornaments from my naked leaveless tree next month.

• loosie
    loosie

I just ate a hersheys chocolate minitature that had red and green candy bits in it.....OMG I am a pagan. lmbo. I think I will go have another.

I have a friend who is very much a dubbie. In June 2002 I went to visit her. She had little white lights around the eaves of her apt. Her nieghbors took them down for her one day. and told her " Oh we took down your christmas lights for you" She said they weren't christmas lights they were outdoor lights.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Technically, you can hang these items without its being Christmas (though they are commonly used as Christmas decorations):

**Snowflakes

**Icicles, including clear icicle lights

**Evergreen trees

**Pine cones

**Bells, unless they are decorated as Santa or in Christmas colors or are playing Christmas carols

**Poinsettias, live. These are classified as houseplants.

**Christmas cactus. Also houseplants.

**Fruit shaped ornaments of any kind.

These items are definitely associated with Christmas or Christianity in general and will definitely be banned:

**Crosses

**Angels

**Candy canes displayed on the tree (however, edible ones would be classified as food)

**Candy canes displayed on the walkway (they are shaped like a "J" upside down, or a shepherd's stick)

**Santa claus

**Stars, especially Movarian stars and Stars of Bethlehem

**Fake poinsettias and holly (live holly would be acceptable)

**A cut tree displayed in the house

**Tinsel garland, particularly on a tree

**Lights of any kind on a tree, particularly indoors or any colored lights (you may get away with clear lights if they are not clearly Christmas, but it is not likely).

**Ribbon bows (symbolizes gifts)

**A wreath on the door, if it's evergreen green or red, or it is decorated with Christmas type ornaments

**Christmas cards

**A sign saying "Merry Christmas" or "Noel". You may get away with "Peace" or "Joy".

**Any ornament that plays Christmas music.

**Reindeer

**A replica of a sleigh, if it is not being used as a real sleigh. Especially if it has a Santa and reindeer in places where one would expect to find them.

**Church ornaments of any kind.

**Water globes that depict a Christmas scene either within or on the base.

**Nativity scenes of any kind.

Of course, the "stumbling others" issue comes up a lot here. You could put "safe" items and still get hassled or even hauled in for a judicial committee hearing if they feel it could stumble others. You are not celebrating Christmas just by having winter decorations, snowflakes, and items you might expect to find outside displayed inside or in your yard. However, all it takes is for one hounder to take it for celebrating Christmas, a complaint or comment from one of the "friends" about the display, or a rule in the congregation that display of winter items inside will be taken for celebrating Christmas to spoil it. And we all know how much they love taking every last vestige of pleasure and fun away.

• carla
    carla

Being the non jw here I would have thought the elders would question why you wanted to put snowflakes up? what is your motive? why celebrate a season at all? isn't that 'worldly'? you are to remain free of such pagan customs and should fall in the same category that windchimes did (still do?).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

How about hanging mini mittens and sweaters?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit