I am an active elder and I voted today!

by outofthebox 47 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

You're a good man OOTB

As to Reniaa question:

managed to destroy the faith of any faithful old witnesses yet?

We can only hope so. Once faith is destroyed in the WT one can begin to know Jesus and understand the Bible.

I'll answer you isaac as a good example of the posts mentioning mine.....You all call JW's a lie but they are not the ones that added a scripture and make a son a god so personally I do not think it is a lie so no i'm not being a hypocrite, not in the same way OOTB is.

If jesus had just come and made Jews know their faith was a lie but replacing it with nothing how cruel is that? I respect mormons or {pick any other evangelical faith) before I respect people that seek destroy someones faith without putting an alternate hope in their hearts, and after their faith is destroyed and they have doubts and loss not even sure there is a God and my goodness there must a be few of you that know what that is like and trust me I DO TOO, you would do that to another human being especially someone too old and having invested a whole life in a faith and religion to ever be able to rebuild with the same confidence?

Congratulating yourselves that you've helped destroy the WT when all you've done is selfish self-indulgent playing with people for your own revenge agendas! well forgive me If I think my so-called lie is better than being like you lot, who have let bitterness and revenge make your hearts very cold.

Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," [

OOTB is playing a silly game and my prayer is that he manages to hurt no-one and least of all himself and his family.

I'm done

reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You're a good man OOTB

As to Reniaa question:

managed to destroy the faith of any faithful old witnesses yet?

We can only hope so. Once faith is destroyed in the WT one can begin to know Jesus and understand the Bible.

I'll answer you isaac as a good example of the posts mentioning mine.....You all call JW's a lie but they are not the ones that added a scripture and make a son a god so personally I do not think it is a lie so no i'm not being a hypocrite, not in the same way OOTB is.

Ok, already starting off by spinning onto an unrelated topic and using WT stadards to judge it as a lie....

If jesus had just come and made Jews know their faith was a lie but replacing it with nothing how cruel is that? I respect mormons or {pick any other evangelical faith) before I respect people that seek destroy someones faith without putting an alternate hope in their hearts, and after their faith is destroyed and they have doubts and loss not even sure there is a God and my goodness there must a be few of you that know what that is like and trust me I DO TOO, you would do that to another human being especially someone too old and having invested a whole life in a faith and religion to ever be able to rebuild with the same confidence?

Ahh, the ol 'where else is there to go?"....If a house is burning down you get out of the house- then you find somewhere else. And all this time I have promoted Jesus as the way to go. But the JW would not even know if there was something 1000 times better Reniaa, because they are not allowed to look.

Congratulating yourselves that you've helped destroy the WT when all you've done is selfish self-indulgent playing with people for your own revenge agendas! well forgive me If I think my so-called lie is better than being like you lot, who have let bitterness and revenge make your hearts very cold.

Again, namecalling and judgement that sounds like it is right out of a WT magazine denoucing anyone who dares criticize them......all this spun off of your changing the topip from voting to the trinity. Wow. Sounds like the WT here.

Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," [

This verse is regarding the denial of freedom in Christ- NOT the denying of the WT being God's instrument.

OOTB is playing a silly game and my prayer is that he manages to hurt no-one and least of all himself and his family.

OOTB has put himself in a position where he can hopefully reach other with the truth about the WT. I will pray for him in his efforts as well...and of course his family.

I'm done

ok, have a great day. Hope you learned something. If not, i would suggest you PM Mary for a copy of her book.

reniaa

• The Mulberry Man
    The Mulberry Man

I'm done

reniaa

Thank goodness that you are done !!!!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yeah OOTB!

Job well done!

r.

• caliber
    caliber
    I do not think it is a lie so no i'm not being a hypocrite, not in the same way OOTB is.

Actually I only know of one kind of hypocrite ....but I do not wish to judge you one way or the other

but think you would be best advised also to follow this same line of thought . If you keep pounding

your head on a cement wall how many other people ever see your point ?

R. is a master at deflection and redirection a good political trait but what about for religion ?

Caliber

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

you are still enjoying your lie OOTB? managed to destroy the faith of any faithful old witnesses yet?

God I hope so!!!! Not only the old witnesses but I hope he destroys even the thought of becoming a baptized JW for young people. I hope the numbers in his club increase so much that the GB don't really know who is real and who isn't....and then all of a sudden they implode. Happy days! sammieswife.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Renaia,

[sarcasm]Thank you so much for your post. I have decided to renounce atheism and believe in fairy tales again. Where do I apply to be re-instated so I can spend 6 months of my life being ignored and brown-nosing so I can again be a part of this man-made organization that teaches man-made hopes?

Please advise. I am repenting in dust and ashes.

Your humble repentant servant who is ashamed he voted for Obama today. [/sarcasm]

[seriously] BTW, JWs go knocking on peoples doors every day and destroy other peoples faith... why is it OK for JWs to do it and not ok for us to destroy the "faith" of JWs?

FYI, I am quite happy not to have a hope for an afterlife. I take comfort in knowing that this life is all I have, so I better make the most of it, and not waste my time passing out meaningless pamphlets about the musings of ancient desert nomads who were probably on magic mushrooms for all I know (Revelation, anyone?) [/seriously]

A@G

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    FYI, I am quite happy not to have a hope for an afterlife. I take comfort in knowing that this life is all I have, so I better make the most of it, and not waste my time passing out meaningless pamphlets about the musings of ancient desert nomads who were probably on magic mushrooms for all I know (Revelation, anyone?) [/seriously]

I think I remember them handing out magic mushrooms at the hall.........good one

Oh yes JWS are more than willing to destroy other people faiths and they are quite eager to doing so.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

My wife and I voted today for the first time!

• reniaa
    reniaa

Awakenned at gilead you surprise me....you've been a special pioneer you have gone abroad lol i've never even had a passport you have tought Jw faith from country to country and presumably you were taught to teach them same way as me that we were not there to destroy faiths but replace them with Jehovah and the promise of the new world. But from your words its looks like its God not just the JWs you've lost your faith in. You cannot assume that because you feel happier to be satisfied with a life with no hope of something beyond 3 score years and 10 that others will feel the same, I don't I tried atheism it was depressing as hell.

[seriously] BTW, JWs go knocking on peoples doors every day and destroy other peoples faith... why is it OK for JWs to do it and not ok for us to destroy the "faith" of JWs?

maybe issaac of all the people who replied to me who when looking in the bewildered lost face of someone young or old whom he has just taken all the underpinings of their hopes and faith in their God would try and replace it with his belief in Jesus although i'm not sure. but the rest of you seem to be of the opinion it's ok to destroy a JW 's faiths whatever their circumstance because they will automatically be better off and you have no responsibilty to replace it with the hope with something new?

I find that thinking niave at best and downright blinkered at worst. but I made this point in my post earlier,, Is it right to destroy a person's faith without offering an alternative like Jw's and jesus did.

Let me make one thing clear if someone comes on this website and loses their faith well the first action was their's and its not like the wt haven't warned them lol I used to think the wt were worrying to much but having been on this site and checked a couple of others they really are unremittingly apostate hehe i've even had a few on this site try and get me banned simply because of my pro-witness inclinations...... but if you enveigle yourself in a high up people-effecting congregational position with lie's and trickery as OOTB has done and proceed to do whatever your revenge/humour/unthinking agenda makes you do then that is a completely different thing OOTB is not offering an alternative he only wants to destroy. I've taken this off topic but I was shocked to see OOTB carried on with it, part of me hopes he is just lying to make himself sound good on this site.

Well back to the subject at hand...Voting to be honest I don't care much about it, even when I could easily have voted when I hadn't had contact with Jw's for years, I didn't bother, I'm english and a bit oldish so remember all the fuss when Magaret thatcher was to be the first woman primeminister, she turned out to be a typical polition in a skirt, polititions are like priests they have been honed and taught in the political arena so they all become fairly similar and fairly interchangeable most have writers that have probs writen the same speaches for half a dozen candidates. The bible says man cannot save Man and my experience is political leaders can't either but they are good at declaring war!

anyway enjoy your voting it is a historic one the first black president! you can say you voted him in and one in the eye of the WT but of cause i'm not saying you whole reason for voting is just to thumb your nose at WT you probs now are really commited to the political growth and wellbeing of your country.

OOTB I didn't know you were english? lol I hope your cong is far away from any near me in Yorkshire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit