My First Halloween

by tinker 2 Replies latest jw friends

• tinker
    tinker

As a life long JW, I have never worn a costume, given out candy, carved a pumpkin, let alone volunteer at a Haunted House Fund Raiser Halloween Party. So for the very first time I wore all black with a very scary mask and terrified the bejesus out of little children. Wow was that Fun! A friend of a friend designs and builds a haunted house every year in Vancouver Wa for the Human Society of SW Washington. More than 500 people brought a can of pet food in exchange for a tour of the scary Haunted House. These people love their families, pets and fun and don't mind how much hard work it takes to put on a good show for a great cause. I feel very privileged to have met them and now to call them friends. We closed the gates at 11pm to kids and had a private party. The main topic of conversation was 'how do we make it better next year'. Throughout the evening I observed families together, dressing up and pretending. Daddies with little ones cuddling because they were scared and Daddy can save them. Mom's hugging little guys and telling them it is all make believe. I realized monsters and ghosts and blood and guts can be perfectly wonderful. Every one who participated made a memory and I cannot wait to join in the horrible party again next year.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Okay, so maybe next year, I should plan a visit to you know who toward the end of October, then swing by WA on the way home and play Halloween, for a good charitable cause of course.

So glad you had a great time!!!

• besty
    besty

You can be my scary monster any day :-)

Don;t wait 'til next year...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit