Freaked Out, Failed to Vote, & Cult Thoughts Kick in too....

by yknot 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hey, atleast you tried, twice! That's more than alot of us here. I've been registered to vote for years, but never have, fear had kept me from doing it.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am so sorry and give my sympathies to the terrible times those posters above had today. I wrote this on another thread, and hope it can help here...

Standing in line to cast my ballot, it dawned on me why the WTS forbids voting.

I know the party line "want no part of this world." Yet, the WTS acknowledges that governments are necessary for the smooth operation. "A worldly government is better than none."

The WTS consistently tells followers that this world is terrible, and getting worse every minute. All the while, the WTS also preaches that its way is the only way towards salvation. Within the Organization, you must accept the Society's mandates and viewpoints without question as to who, what, why, where, or how those decisions were made.

When you vote, you are voting in the hopes of making a positive choice to effect your lifestyle. You are being proactive, and the choices the voters collectively make, in turn, affect our lives. You are not "accepting" whatever law comes down from Washington DC. You have the power of the vote, to vote the lawmakers in and out of power.

That "choice" to vote is essential to freedom. Freedom is something the WTS abhors. Followers have no freedom to question the Society's newest dictate. Imagine if you raised your hand in the middle of the Sunday reading of the Watchtower, and said, "I don't agree with this paragraph..." For that matter, wear jeans outside of a convention or announce that you are going to college. If you openly disagree with the WTS, they are ready to oust you for apostacy and destroy your life. The Watchtower Society is a dictatorship, not a democracy. Followers can not "vote" the Governing Body out of power, or are even privy to the decision making that goes on at Bethel.

The WTS conditions followers to not vote. The reasons are self-evident. It placates the followers into accepting authority and laws, all the while reinforcing that the "current system" is corrupt and the WTS is the only answer.

Skeeter

• choosing life
    choosing life

Hey Y-Knot, You tried, that's great! We all struggle to get over the programming. For some it's holiday's, others can't enter a church, for you it's voting that freaks you out. You might try next year with an absentee ballot or decide you just don't want to vote.

The society is so very good at placing extreme fears in our minds. I was not raised in this messed up religion, yet they were able to convince me that if I voted for anyone, I was then responsible for any decision that person made while in office. I have pretty much been able to shake that crazy thinking, but I still get a twinge of fear at times.

The society is 100% wrong to try and take away your right to vote. They certainly would complain the loudest if anyone took away any of their rights. They have already proven that with all their court cases fought and won in this country.

Don't let them guilt you about exercising your rights. They always make sure they exercise theirs. Free your mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit