Freaked Out, Failed to Vote, & Cult Thoughts Kick in too....

by yknot 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• yknot
    yknot

Thanks Yall for the support..........

I might try again tomorrow if I feel better, if not then I have made some peace.

I like the absentee idea!

We don't have sample ballots out here in the country. We only have booths with digital voting machines.

The really odd thing is I didn't even bat an eye during the primaries, I was even a state delegate..........

I am so glad yall and JWD are here....

Blessings & good vibes to all.....Yknot

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You were a state delegate? please explain, something isn't adding up, or perhaps I am not understanding what you mean by a state delegate ?

• restrangled
    restrangled

You're ok...you tried and you are to be commended for your efforts. Maybe next time. You didn't fail, you just didn't know how to vote....

Much love to you YNOT.! You really did try hard. Thank you for trying......you are a good person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

There I just completely lost it. It is just such an overwhelming decision, one despite reviewing all the available information on issues and past voting records I just haven't found myself drawn to one or the other or anyone else. I don't know what is best for this country right now, I can't even stand up to emotional blackmail let alone decide who should run the USA.

MANY people are not excited about the choices. Many MORE don't know what the other ballot initiatives are.

Kudos for reading, thinking, and caring.

I think that part of the panic comes from 'what if I make a wrong decision?'. I've been told many, many times not to worry about it. Just make the best decision you can with what information you have. The rest will eventually work itself out.

-Aude.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dahling, your skin looks marvelous!

Dont sweat the voting thing. When you are ready, you will vote.

Hugs to you.

Robyn

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ynot, seriously, when I was young, I would vote on issues I had not researched. I felt like I had to make some kind of vote! I quickly came to the conclusion, that if I don't feel it, or I am not well informed about it, all I can do is unbalance it. So, I skip those. If you feel strongly about some of your local issues, just vote for them. If you're not ready to vote at all, there will be a next time. My point is, better not to vote, than to vote something you don't know, feel, or believe.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"Those who vote decide nothing.

Those who count the votes decide everything."

Josef Stalin (Russian dictator)

Several years ago a man named Clinton Eugene Curtis, a computer programmer and formerly with NASA, testified under oath that there were computer prgrams being used secretly to fix elections. He himself wrote prototype software (at a co. he worked for) specifically for that purpose. He attested to all of this and you can see this filmed live on this documentary film. (It's near the end of the film)http://freedocumentaries.org/theatre.php?filmid=199&id=1111&wh=1000x720

Voting machine manufacturers refuse to allow anyone to see the source code. The honesty of any election can no longer be verified.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Can I ask a favor? If you try again tomorrow and freak out, could you come over to my house and clean it? I mean, yours is already spotless from today, and I would hate for you to not be able to work out your anxiety:)

Seriously, you did make more of an effort than half the registered voters in the country. Try again tomorrow and just make the best decision you can-and in 4 years you can feel good or have learned a valuable lesson:) I first voted 24 years ago in 1984 (Reagan) and as I was 18 and hadn't spent a lot of time defending the voting issue as inculcated to JWs, it was just a great experience. I was at college out of state(wow, two big huge taboos and I was barely 18!)I still feel good about that one. I have mixed reactions on the rest, but we are still standing, so I guess I didn't contribute to the downfall of society or anything.

If all you do is go and vote for your governor or local legislator or a judge or an initiative/proposition(not sure what the difference is!) and you can do it in good conscience, then just do what you can. Think of it as ripping off the bandaid. You can do it!!!

I'm voting tomorrow in my 6th election for a president!God, I'm getting old!

Best to you!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

It's ok Ynot. You're just not ready, no one will fault you for that. Maybe next time or maybe even vote in a local election on things that affect your community. You just need more time.

nj

Obama/Biden '08

• megawatt
    megawatt

reniaa said

----Goto the doctors! you sound like you have symptoms of depression and despite what anti-JWs say on here it is now recognised as a serious illness by witnesses.

Voting is technically still a personal choice issue so I think your latching onto it as an outlet for all the strain and worry your goinng through atm. I'm only know a little from people around me getting stressed so goto Doctor describe your symptoms he can help you get to a calm place.----

^^^^^

What a Blessing, they now know it's a valid symptom!!! Praise the Governing Body for truly understanding!!! :/

Ok, enough's enough... I've sit here with my mouth shut and let you get away with some really pro JW comments in the past. I don't care for your kind, and as for the reason why is you can blatantly OVER LOOK the tract record of this cult and minimize the impact of such indoctrination that does cause depression on many individuals. 2nd, Can't figure out what your deal is. Vaguely remember you having doubts but wanting to go back for whatever reason, most likely missing something like friends or whatever, despite being conditional. Lo and behold, your now propagating the same garbage that some are trying to completely walk away from and/or have overcame the fear and depression caused by this cult.

Is jwism not the cause? I 2nd what Homerovah says and call BULLSHIT as well. Voting is a personal choice that EVERYONE has, but you cannot posses it freely as a jw. Period. Don't care how wanna you spin it or how you wanna revise the past ALA Watchtower style, it's something you can't do as a jw. And the cause of Ynots issue is that, lingering doubt and guilt brought on by WT.

Hang in there ynot, it's a tough nut to crack. And yes with time, you'll overcome completely the BULLSHIT programming that unfortunately still have people like reniaa within it's grasp....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit