Religion

by Undecided 11 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

As Uncle Spanky use to say trying to explain the Trinity to people while he was three sheets to the wind.

Its like this you see...its like a six pack of beer. THere is 6 individual bottles of beer in it, but they all came from the same batch. So in essence they got the same stuff in them. 6 individual beers but they together make up one six-pack and they are all in agreement. They each taste great and are less filling.

Needless to say after uncle Spanky explained it that way it made me start drinking. He also explained how Saint Nick could deliver all those toys around the globe in one night but that will have to be a story for another time.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont know about truth in a religion.

I have been looking for truth about where we came from and where we are going for years.

And any theory I ever come up with has holes in it.

It's almost like we were made, created or evolved to be dumb.

I guess one truth that cant be gotten around is

there is death and there are taxes and we all pay both of them.

I have a hard time believing a loving God would keep us in such ignorance, pain and kaos.

So that leaves a unloving god, ie aliens who made us to be their worker bees.

Or godless evolution which I cant get my mind around.

Or we are God and we broke off pieces of ourself to have a multitude of experiences and when we pass on we go back to ourself, God

God being conciousness.

Our central being, God, is like a central computer with unnumberable tentacles of conciousness having experiences of which you and I are each a tentacle along with our dogs, cats, all animals, stones, vegetable etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit