You silly girl...

by cognac 11 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Yup, that's what I got from my husband the last time I was on the forum, lol. Then, he just closed the tab. I think he's used to everything and doesn't care to much, just feels he's supposed to say something, lol.

It's nice not hiding anything from him. I don't logout of the forum or delete history. He sees this site and others all the time on the drop down menu when he goes looking for a site. Never says anything.

PS. My status and update - I still go to some of the meetings. I'm not considered inactive. If hubby becomes an MS, fine, but I don't want anything to do with it. He does want my help in writing a talk. fine, but I'm gonna say how I feel in it, not what JWs tell me I'm supposed to say. This should be fun, lol. I'll probably do another thread on it asking for help.

• sacolton
    sacolton

LOL! He needs YOUR help to write a talk? That's just hilarious! I can just hear you mumble under your breath when giving him tips ... "So, the Faithful and Discreet Slave gives us Spiritual Food at the proper time (what bullshit) and they look over the flock with loving provisions (more bullshit) with the help of Jehovah God."

Too funny!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Cognac.....Glad to see you up and running girl. Tell me,are you a creative writing whiz? And just how deep is your hubby's knowledge of jwism? You could have a field day inserting zingers that only the really knowledgeable jws would know. Throw in a slight slant here and there. Like, Do you remember when we were told to believe in 1914? Cutsie stuff like that.

But, then again, if it were me, i wouldn't volunteer to help write stuff. Let him wing it on his own. However, ou could proof it for him and if he is a person who more or less reads his talks you could make some errant changes.

NMG

• cognac
    cognac
    He needs YOUR help to write a talk? That's just hilarious!

He totally knows I'm a complete apostate, lol.

And just how deep is your hubby's knowledge of jwism?

He doesn't know 1/2 of what he believes, lol.

You could have a field day inserting zingers that only the really knowledgeable jws would know. Throw in a slight slant here and there.

Yup, that's the idea! This should be fun. I especially enjoy going into the original Greek language. They have a really difficult time with that, lol.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sounds like you're in the same place as me cognac. Fortunately hubby is respectful of my beliefs and we both try to avoid provoking one another for the most part.

I have a little idea I'd like to share with you. Be enthusiastic about the Tuesday night "family worship". I've suggested to hubby I would like to discuss the bible on a Tuesday evening, we'll each pick a topic or passage of scripture and spend half an hour on each of our topics. Some of the topics I have lined up....Salvation, Paradise Earth, F&D slave "class"....

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

That may be an interesting way to approach my jw flirting wife, read the Bible, by itself, on Tuesday evenings with her!!!

Such a trip cognac that you would be assisting him with his talks!!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Sound like he should have slapped your hand and wagged his finger in your face.

I get, "Can't you find something better to do?".

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Glad to see your feeling a little more free to come back to the forum....

h40

• cognac
    cognac
    I have a little idea I'd like to share with you. Be enthusiastic about the Tuesday night "family worship". I've suggested to hubby I would like to discuss the bible on a Tuesday evening, we'll each pick a topic or passage of scripture and spend half an hour on each of our topics. Some of the topics I have lined up....Salvation, Paradise Earth, F&D slave "class"....

that's a good idea Mickey! Thanks for sharing!

Sound like he should have slapped your hand and wagged his finger in your face.

Yeah, really, lol. But, he did it in a really cute way that he knew wouldn't have offended me...

I get, "Can't you find something better to do?".

I'd say, "Yes, but I'm pretty sure the Society says you can't have oral sex." lol

Glad to see your feeling a little more free to come back to the forum....

Thanks Hope! I've missed it here.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

cognac:

He does want my help in writing a talk. fine, but I'm gonna say how I feel in it, not what JWs tell me I'm supposed to say.

hilarious... sounds like you are doing what you want and beating to your own drum...go girl...lol

I know my mom wrote a lot of my dad's talks when he was in a hurry or running late for work...or dad would rough something out and mom would write it...the school overseer always knew when it was dad's or mom's style.

When I was a kid, she wrote a lot of my talks.... and in return, I had the embarrasing task of being her "householder" to rehearse her talks.....

Sad that a MS-wannabe cant write his own damn talks...its not like its a Master Thesis or anything...

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit