Do Jehovah's Witnesses Break Up Marriages? WT 11/01/08 pgs 11-12

by insearchoftruth 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

And I also read I think in the same WT, or maybe the Sept. study edition WT that even a non-JW marriage can only be ended due to adultery....is that true??

Yes, in theory the only reason for a scriptural divorce is adultery. But as you can see from some of the posters here, marriages have been broken up due to jw spouses leaving the cult. IMHO, divorce is ok for anyone who is willing to follow the WB &TS.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Interesting how warmly these faithful Dub wives talk about their husbands. Guess they don't mind sleeping with corpses after all.

Serena

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and of course no BJs

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Most of the time it is, if one mate wants oral sex and the other one does not then its bad news.

• LDH
    LDH
    Slowly it became easier for me to be submissive,

Say what? If they rad that in a magazine about aMuslim woman, they would be up in arms over the 'brainwashing.'

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

nameless one, i think they do this cos more women become j-dubs!

• Robert7
    Robert7

It is articles like this that make me angry at the WTS. They flat-out lie to cover up the reality that the JW faith ruins marriages. This is part of their mind control. JWs will read this article and be convinced that "of course becoming a JW doesn't ruin a marriage".

I have seen many examples where people becoming JWs has ruined many marriages, and of course the article doesn't mention leaving the JW faith, because that can destroy many marriages.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I'll add my voice to the chorus of outrage over this article. Like many others, the WT and their teachings directly broke up my marriage. I don't think they've ever put in writing how to make a success of a marriage where one mate has left the organization.

"Tina, from Nebraska, USA, wrote: At first my husband was opposed to me removing the section of my brain that allowed me to think and make decisions for myself. But when he realized this meant that I would stay with him out of obligation regardless of how much I pined for a husband like the ones I see three days a week at the Kingdom Hall, he was all for it! Now our marriage is stronger than ever, and I am confident it will remain so untill the day my husbands blood merges with the river of blood 'up to the bridles of horses' that our loving God has promised will soon flow down our streets."

• bobld
    bobld

What hypocrates..earlier this year they had a J.W. mag study article if a non believing husbands put any pressure for the wife to participate in any act not sanctioned by the GB,she should consider leaving him.Note,not word for word see J.W. mag for the b.s.

What kind of marriage would you have if, husbands and children put up a christmas tree together and their mom would not taking part.Little 5 year old Mary,"mommey,mommy why don't you want to help daddy and me with the decorations,because the GB\WBTS doesn't want me to says mommey.Mary says "I hate you mommy" as she runs crying to her room."Husband to wife see what you have done."and the fight is on.

• Mary
    Mary
    Do Jehovah's Witnesses Break Up Marriages? "If one partner chnages his or her religion, the marriage will break up." So goes the claim of many people. At times this warning is delivered to a marriage partner who chooses to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. But is this assertion always true?

First thing I noticed is that they used the word "always"---probably at the behest of their Legal Department, since it's common knowledge that this cult destroys many a marriage---even those which don't necessarily end in divorce. My grandparents are a perfect example: They were quite happy up until my grandma because a Witness in the 1930s. After that, there was no more dancing or having "worldly" friends overs and grandpa was quickly marginalized in the family. Not that he had done anything wrong, but since he was going to be bird food "soon", why bother with him?

If your spouse is associating with Jehovah's Witnesses, do not fear that this will break up your marriage.

Riiiight...... How do they explain this little gem which authorizes Legal Seperation if an unbelieving mate really, really doesn't want their spouse to become a Witness:

November 1, 1988 Watchtower pp. 22-23 par. 12 When Marital Peace Is Threatened

Absolute endangerment of spirituality also provides a basis for separation. The believer in a religiously divided home should do everything possible to take advantage of God’s spiritual provisions. But separation is allowable if an unbelieving mate’s opposition (perhaps including physical restraint) makes it genuinely impossible to pursue true worship and actually imperils the believer’s spirituality. Yet, what if a very unhealthy spiritual state exists where both mates are believers? The elders should render assistance, but especially should the baptized husband work diligently to remedy the situation. Of course, if a baptized marriage partner acts like an apostate and tries to prevent his mate from serving Jehovah, the elders should handle matters according to the Scriptures. If disfellowshipping takes place in a case involving absolute endangerment of spirituality, willful nonsupport, or extreme physical abuse, the faithful Christian who seeks a legal separation would not be going against Paul’s counsel about taking a believer to court.—1 Corinthians 6:1-8.

November 15, 1952 pp. 703-704 Questions From Readers

The marriage partner would render the marriage dues according to the law of the land and in due payment for all material benefits bestowed and accepted. But to have religious communion with the disfellowshiped person—no, there would be none of that! The faithful marriage partner would not discuss religion with the apostate or disfellowshiped and would not accompany that one to his (or her) place of religious association and participate in the meetings with that one.

While the comment above and below do not specifically admit that the religion causes a marriage to split up, it certainly gives a good indication as to how the unbelieving mate can be expected to rank in the scheme of things, if their partner becomes a Witness.....

November 1, 1986 p. 26 pars. 1-2 Family Problems Solved by Bible Counsel

WIVES [choose] to be divorced, children to be disinherited, . . . rather than be unfaithful to Christ," wrote Arnobius, a professed Christian of the fourth century. Yes, even then, bitter religious opposition by unbelievers split up families. Jesus stated that those who had "greater affection" for family members than for him would not be worthy of him. Hence, there would be "a sword" causing division in some households, because of the believer’s showing less love for his family, "yes, and even his own soul." (Matthew 10:34-37; Luke 14:26) Such divisions in families continue to our day. Though the Christian may do all he can to keep the family intact, some unbelieving mates simply are not "agreeable to dwelling" with the Christian, and a separation or a divorce ensues.

More wonderful examples of the parallel universe the Slobbering Body members gambol merrily through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit