When an In-Home Family Member is DF'd

by DoomVoyager 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist
    Who wants to motivate me? lol

DoomVoyager!

Not sure if you have approached your parents on any questions, or not, concerning some of the Witchtower teachings but the best place is to start there!

Would that be out of character for you to ask such things?

After awhile tell them you cannot serve this organization because it affects your concious!

Show them what you have concerns with act sincere and stay on them until you get answers, Go to the elders and ask them over and over until you get answers!

I asked the CO, the elders and the PO and guess what they did not have anything for me so out of there reaction to my questions i started to do research on the Borg and found out the real truth!

After all that you would now beable to give them reasons why you are leaving!

Just fade, stop going whatever you want but these are only suggestions! Thx!

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Thanks Anarchist. No, I would rather just give them a letter, go out for a walk, give them an hour or two to think about it, and then come back and field all questions. I don't want anything to do with the elders. The more I can keep them out of it the better.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    For example, if the husband is disfellowshiped, his wife and children will not be comfortable with him conducting a family Bible study or leading in Bible reading and prayer. If he wants to say a prayer, such as at mealtime, he has a right to do so in his own home. But they can silently offer their own prayers to God. (Prov. 28:9; Ps. 119:145, 146) What if a disfellowshiped person in the home wants to be present when the family reads the Bible together or has a Bible study? The others might let him be present to listen if he will not try to teach them or share his religious ideas."

Although this comment doesn't help Doom Voyager....My husband is the head of the household. If he had been a Dub, left them, and decided to practice a real religion, it would be his right and duty to share his religious ideas with his children. He would have the right and duty to insist the children participate in a Bible study of his choosing, using the version he chooses, and teaching them the prayers that are apropo to his new faith. Unfortunately, some of the fathers who leave accept this usurpation of their role as father by the WTS.

"Real men" must no't let the WTS define their roles in their own household, even if they have 'Hovie mates.

Makes me sick.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

DV, my son was DF'd for smoking when he was 17. When he turned 18, his pioneer stepmother got into a big fight with his elder father, insisting that my son leave the household for good because their "obligation" to him was over. (This was on his 18th birthday.) My son was a senior in high school, not yet graduated at the time.

Things can get ugly. I'm not trying to scare, just prepare you. I wish you all the best.

StAnn

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I totally agree!

I threw the PO who claims he is one of the annointed out of my house, While the other respectable Elder stayed and was reasonable with my questions!

I know eventually you will have no choice because like me i could not live a lie in an organization i did not believe in!

You have your whole life ahead of you so don't ever feel guilty for your decion to leave or let anyone make you feel guilty!

Make sure you go to college if your not already! lol

I questioned them directly and they started to panic and freak out and i laughed the whole time!

We know the real truth about the truth!

Take it easy my friend!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If you're really 19 and not ready to be on your own. you may want to heed St. Ann's advice. If you da or get df'd, your parents may throw you out.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

"

Real men" must no't let the WTS define their roles in their own household, even if they have 'Hovie mates.

Makes me sick.

StAnn

Exactly!

I don't let my daughter go to meeting at all anymore and i was waiting for an Elder to ask why she was missing,lol

I eat Elders for breakfast, Co's for lunch, and Governing body members for dinner!

• yknot
    yknot

My DFd sister Father forced her to leave too at 18, before the end of HS.

She had no where to go.

It was bad, real bad.

• sir82
    sir82
    normal family affections and dealings can continue.

How magnanimous of them!

Oh thank you, all-wise faithful & discreet slave. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! How good it is that you give permission for affection to be shown within a family!

Say, we're considering having another child. Will you allow us to do that, too?

• blondie
    blondie

Categories:

1) spouse

2) minor child

3) older parent (in law) who needs living assistance and needs to move into your home

4) older child who has severe health problems and needs help

Does that mean if the spouse is a "spiritual endangerment" that you can get out/kick them out and divorce them?

Does that mean at 18 the child gets kicked out of the house?

Does that mean if the parent gets "better" they get kicked out?

Does that mean if the older child gets "better" they get kicked out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit