When is the Annual Report out???????

by The Scotsman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Hello everyone.

Its been a while since I posted here - I do pop in now and then to catch up on the latest scandal / news.

I was wondering if the latest Annual Report is out yet and if not, when is it out? Must be soon surely!!!

I am hoping to see a global demise of the WTBTS - this is perhaps unlikely. Also the memorial partakers for 2008 - they have not released that important number yet - perhaps they wont.

The Scotsman

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Should be soon. We already have the Jan 15th WT and I think the figures are in the Feb 15th WT these days.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I may be remembering this wrong but weren't the annual figures only reported in the KM last year?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think you are right. So I guess we won't get the figures for a while yet.

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe that the stats will be in the yearbook as well in an abbreviated chart is posted on the www.jw-media.org website.

http://www.jw-media.org/people/statistics.htm

• Earnest
    Earnest

The latest report from southern Africa is :

South Africa : 4% increase 83,842 publishers 205,498 memorial attendance 103,154 studies 4,652 baptised

Lesotho : 4% increase 3,555 " 9,184 " 5,476 "

Swaziland : 5% increase 2,670 " 7,474 " 3,600 "

Namibia : 6% increase 1,640 " 4,973 " 2,474 "

Botswana : 3% increase 1,749 " 5,199 " 2,713 "

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The Service Year runs from September to August, so we are almost two full months in tot the new, 2009 service year.

I think it's correct that the 2008 figures ought to be in the Feb. WT. Used to come out in January, as I remember, but they've moved it. Also should be in the 2009 Yearbook.

S4

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/145810/1.ashx

The annual report will no longer appear in The Watchtower. Starting in 2008, it will appear as an insert in Our Kingdom Ministry as well as in the Yearbook.

For more than seventy years, the annual report of the worldwide activity of JWs has been proudly publicised in the January 1st editions - and more latterly the February 1st editions of the Watchtower magazine. The annual reports were announced as so important that they constituted proof of Jehovah's blessing on the preaching ministry. Little wonder the language in the accompanying articles generously focused on the increases and - if mentioned at all - downplayed the stagnation or decrease.

This has now changed. Starting from 2008, the report will not be included in the Watchtower magazine. This is yet another significant change that has been mentioned only in passing i.e. see January 15th 2008 Watchtower for the above announcement).

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sounds to me that they really don't want this kind of information released to the general public as it was previously,

doors that were once left open are now being closed or slightly hidden, kind of makes you wonder why.

Is the Borg getting uncomfortable for some reason pertaining to that information ?

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Thanks guys

Blondie - well spotted. so it will not be in the Feb 2009 WT.

I will just need to be patient.

It will probably be the Jan 2009 KM insert - though the yearbook should be out before then.

I predict a 15% drop in active publishers and 20,000 memorial partakers.......... - ah; we can dream!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit