Remember when .....?

by RR 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

YES! I sat in the stupid booth and sold the damn things!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

*shudder*

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Oh, yeah.

I was 29 and a hot shot young, up and coming elder.

S4

• yknot
    yknot

WOW !

Memories are flooding back....

I was seven and it was my first DC & trip to San Antonio!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Nope, don't remember them ones. I was already out for almost 7 years by 1981. I do remember the meal tickets we had when I was in. They were printed on papyrus.

Farkel

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh heck yeah! Fruit baskets. That was the best thing going.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was out before then..Back in the Olden Days,we used real money to buy food at assemblies......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Urban JW legend then.."The Military would come to assemblies..To learn how to be as organized,as JW food serving lines!"......No I`m not Kidding!..LOL!!.............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• halcyon
    halcyon

mmm, you could still get the hot lunches then, at least at the CAs.

Does anyone remember how the grapes in the fruit baskets were always the most delicious EVER? Over the years they started getting icky and unripe, but back then there was never a bad one in the bunch!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I remember them from when I was a pioneer; when pioneers came to the convention site, you would show your pioneer badge and receive a specific number of these value slips. But in the meantime, you would get all meals etc. free if you showed your pioneer badge at the counter, and everyone delivering out food or literature would ask you to remember to go get your slips in stead of showing your badge. So the trick was to wait as long as possible before you got your slips, because then you in the meantime would have got many things free, and the amount of slips you got when showing your badge was the same, whether you showed it the first or the last day .........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit