How Jesus Returns?

by cameo-d 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If you believe that Jesus returned invisibly, I'd like to know why you still cling to that WT dictate.

But my question is more for those who believe the return is yet to come.

According to scriptures, Jesus appeared to many people after his resurrection, but the acension was not a "grand send off".

In Acts it says that he will return in like manner.

Several scriptures say he will come in the clouds with great glory; that does not seem like the way he left, at least from what we have of scriptural infomation.

Do you think that all will see his coming, but that he will personally appear only to his followers?

What is your take on what the return will be like?

• Caedes
    Caedes

I would think that any second coming will be as real as his resurrection was. I.e. all in the minds of some very deluded people.

Still I'm sure that your myth is the truth as opposed to the (ever so slightly minutely different) myth that all those other heretics believe.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Still I'm sure that your myth is the truth as opposed to the (ever so slightly minutely different) myth that all those other heretics believe.

So, Cadeas, if you think it's a myth....you don't think we are going to "get out of here"? Do you suppose the world will just go on as it has and mankind will eventually annhiliate himself? All the toxins in the air and spent uranium in the soil seem to guarantee genetic mutations and die out of the species. Tell me...what do you see if there is no escape from this planet of the apes? Do you see a miraculous clean up and world unity?

• Caedes
    Caedes
    So, Cadeas, if you think it's a myth....you don't think we are going to "get out of here"? Do you suppose the world will just go on as it has and mankind will eventually annhiliate himself? All the toxins in the air and spent uranium in the soil seem to guarantee genetic mutations and die out of the species. Tell me...what do you see if there is no escape from this planet of the apes? Do you see a miraculous clean up and world unity?

I think we should all make the most of the short amount of time we have and it us up to us to care for our home. Even if I am wrong and there is a god, I would think he would be pissed if we just sit back and allow the planet to get ruined whilst waiting for him to fix it, after all, he gave us the tools to do the job ourselves, didn't he?

Do I see any clean-up and world unity, no, humans are too short-sighted and selfish for that, but that doesn't mean I am not optimistic that we can get to some kind of balance in the future. I hope that we don't annihilate ourselves in some futile war, my belief is that this life is all we have so you are unlikely to find me supporting any war, unlike some of the religionists in this world.

There is an escape from this planet but I am enjoying myself far too much to want that option, so why do you want to escape this wonderful life?

Although the human species will inevitably die out in the (hopefully, far) future, but I dont think that is any reason to be less than optimistic for our species and it's prospects. We are sufficiently clever and ingenious enough to cope with anything if we want to.

You seem to have a very pessimistic view of the human condition, perhaps that's just the religion talking though.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

My bible says

Rev 1:7

BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.

• yknot
    yknot

Okay....in DubbieLand...Christ invisible return is a 'presences' but eventually Acts is fulfilled literally too.

(Acts

1:11) . . .This Jesus who was received up from YOU into the sky will come thus in the same manner as YOU have beheld him going into the sky."
  • lovelylil
    lovelylil

My understanding is that since Christ will come "on the clouds" which is the way he left the earth.

While the WT and Bible Student groups continue to hold onto the view that Christ came invisible and quietly and only their group was made aware of it, this is in direct contrary to what the scriptures say;

Matthew 24:30
    "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory

Notice also Christ's return is not a quiet one;

Matthew 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

See also the following verses;

1 Thessalonians 4:16
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Matthew 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angelswithhim, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.

Jesus also warns us not to believe it when someone says that he already came;

23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Peace, Lilly

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I believe that when he does actually return, we will be able to VISIBLY see him. I think those scriptures about his return were meant in a literal sense, not figurative. I just hope the Watchtower is around to witness his return. It'll be laughable to see how they struggle to explain that one!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

My understanding is that since Christ will come "on the clouds" which is the way he left the earth.

Do you think he just sort of "vaporized"? Was it clouds like standing next to dry ice?

Or do you think he ascended into the sky physically...like a helium balloon...and just got smaller and smaller?

The reason for asking this...is because I wonder if visitations will be individual or if it would be an earth wide phenomena at the same time?

• oompa
    oompa

What a buch of hooey.....I could claim inspiration by God and write that he will come as lavaman out of a volcano..................oompa

and really....what the frick would he be waiting for....i mean really? how bad does it have to get? what....not enough kids starving to death each day?....not enough war dead????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit