jesus denies being God! scriptural discussion.

by reniaa 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Joseph it seems to me your view of Jesus mirrots that of the WT. Why exactly did they df you? What did you disagree with on them?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jesus is not God....he's just a very naughty boy!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Isaacautin,

Joseph is not a JW, he is a modern day Bible Student or Russellite. I knew that as soon as he started posting here. I have had many run in's with BS over the years. They are more hard headed then the JW's are.

The only thing is he is not a true BS either, he has some of Russell teachings mixed with his own form of theology. Didn't you know he has written his own manuscript?

Lilly

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

His own manuscript? I read some of his book Beyond the WT. I couldn't quite figure out if he had any affiliation though.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If you want to know why Jesus cant be God watch the movie "Monty Pythons The life of Brian" it explains everything.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

You never answered my question, who ressurected Jesus Christ from the dead? If you say Jehovah, can you provide the scripture for it?

Matt_fs,

From the dead it was the Father in answer to our Lord’s prayer: Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. And again we have: Ac 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; And you can also use other words for this event like Spirit: Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. But this only raised up Jesus in the glory he had before the world was. This was not human nature anymore and not all detail is included in such verses. It was the nature Christ had before becoming flesh before our world was. The correct answer to the question of who raised up Jesus body as the Christ we all know is Christ himself the life of which was raised by God. Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. As the creator of the human race in the beginning this was no problem for him. Now Jesus had both natures and would retain them at least until the Kingdom completes it’s mission. Trinitarians do not understand this hypostasis nature of our Lord since they are so steeped in making Christ God and this does not fit their theology..

Joseph

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi mattfs

lol joseph just covered it :)

Acts 2:23-25

23 This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, [a] put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25 David said about him: " 'I saw the Lord always before me.
    Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

hey isaacaustin

I find it ironic you argue against michael being jesus by virtue of 2 different positions and yet will not use this same rule with jesus and God when jesus is always pictured separately like in the above scripture on god's right hand and thats not separate visions but in the same one.

reniaa

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

reniaa

I'm struggling here to see what this question brings to discussion of whether jesus is God or not?

Is that why you avoided answering the question? Or should I take from your post that an angel died for my sins? Are you saying Jesus was simply an angel that came down.

Joseph

What do you mean by "his life"?

What is the "nature" of an angel?

Are you saying that Jesus was indeed, a human/angel hybred?

• Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

So, if Jesus said he was going to ressurect himself, and Jehovah resurrected Jesus, who resurrected him? Wouldn't that make Jesus a liar?

• reniaa
    reniaa

Actually deputy your life was saved by a man! anything more would not have meant an equality with adam who was just a man that sinned.

The bible only says Jesus emptied himself to be able to be a man.

You say jesus is simply an angel but how do you define an angel if you read my post the word angel just means messenger and does not describe fully the spiritual beings that are angels, remember I think jesus is an archangel so there is a difference.

Are you saying that unless God died for you the sacrifice is not worthy of you? to be despised?

reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit