What do you think of IT ? (Ginger)

by Simon 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Have you seen the Ginger / IT scooter thingy?

What do you think? I think it looks pretty cool!

The site is: http://www.segway.com/

Take a look at the video clip to see it in action!

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Over-hyped and expensive yuppie toy.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Neat little rig. Remains to be seen how it works in the real world.

• LDH
    LDH

Just what we need, another gadget so that we can get even LESS exercise than we do now.

Lisa,
    Postpartum Baby weight class

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Time will tell. They laughed at the car and the Tv too. Yuppy toys and they would never catch on LOL We saw how that worked out :P I could see this becoming big. Get cars off the road and replace them with machines that use electricity. It could happen.

• LDH
    LDH
    Get cars off the road and replace them with machines that use electricity. It could happen

Yeah, and wouldn't that be brilliant, millions of Californians coming home from work at 5 pm and recharging their batteries by plugging their electric cars/scooters into the already overtaxed power grid!

I could see it now. We would go from rolling blackouts to just plain blackouts.

Brilliant, simply mad scientist BRILLIANT!

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Actually California has too MUCH energy now :P

• joelbear
    joelbear

I liked Mr. Garrison's device from South Park last week. It travelled 200 miles per hour and looked like a lot more fun to ride in.

Joel

• LDH
    LDH

Yeah, Naeb, energy resources were NEVER the problem. Allocation, as usual, is the bitch.

And hey I was just kidding, sorry if I offended you.

Lisa

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I saw IT on Good Morning America this a.m. If Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer could master it in 5 minutes, anyone can.

Also, they are selling the version on TV to corporations, cities, etc. The cities are interested for police...rather than a bike, use IT. Courier companies could also use this type of product.

The commercial unit they sell to the public will be slightly different and less expensive. It will still go for about 3k....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit