The WTS's "Almighty God" is not so Almighty

by bob1999 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So your saying while Jehoover had his back turned I could have sinned?? Bummer! Jehovah has a Transporter like on Star trek so he just says "Beam me up Jesus" and he can be anywhere anytime.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    From 1881 until 1953 the Watchtower believed that Jehovah resided at the center of the universe on the star Alcyone in the cluster known as Pleiades.

I can't believe I used to be one of them.

• VM44
    VM44
    God being an individual, a Person with a spirit body, has a place where he resides, and so he could not be at any other place at the same time.

What scriptural proof does does The Watchtower writer offer for this conclusion?....none at all.

All the writer did was to attempt to show God has a spirit body, and then ASSUMES that every body (spiritual or material) has a specificy place in space, that all bodies are of finite extent, and that all bodies cannot be at more than one place at the same time.

Does this writer know for certainty that God even resides in space? Does this writer know that there is no such thing as "at the same time" for the universe as a whole? There is no such thing as "universal simultaneity".

This writer was simply writing an article at his typewriter, he knows nothing and should not be taken seriously.

In fact, the whole Watchtower Organization shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Slappy
    Slappy

Yadda yadda:

While the exact term 'omnipresent' is not used, there are more than enough portions to support the claim the God is omnipresent. I give the WT credit for nothing!

"Am I a God near at hand," says the Lord, "And not a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?" says the Lord; "Do I not fill heaven and earth?" says the Lord. Jeremiah 23:23-24

Along with Acts 7:48-49 and 1 Kings 8:27 to mention a few others.

However, you were right in the sense of that he is through the Holy Spirit:

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16
  • sacolton
    sacolton
    Psalm 139:7-9
    7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
    8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
  • Satanus
    Satanus

'In Quantum Physics there are instances where an individual electron behaves as if it is in two places at the same time, so couldn't God also be able to do the same but on a grander scale?'

This is new light and good news for the wt god. He might be trying it at some point. It would allow him to visit his old residence in the pleides and remain in his new abode, the spiritual heavens of the heavens at the same time.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit