The Book of Life

by cameo-d 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

interestingly...the etymology of the name enoch: to narrow, in the hebrew #2396...compare #2614...to choke one's self by a rope......what did judas do after he betrayed JESUS?

also see matthew 7:14...

so anyway......Jesus loves you, this I know, for the Bible tells me so...

love michelle

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

(Michelle) also see matthew 7:14...

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Matthew 7:7-14; Matthew 7:15-29

The Bible Gateway has detected unusual behavior accessing this translation, and will therefore not display the requested passage. www.biblegateway.com/bible?Matthew+7:7-14

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear cameo-d...

do you have a hard copy of the Book of Life?...if so, look for the passage in matthew 7:14.

love michelle

p.s. And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    do you have a hard copy of the Book of Life?...

The Book of Life (Hebrew: ??? ?????, transliteratedSefer HaChaim) is the allegoricalbook in which God records the names and lives of the righteous.

In the Hebrew Bible, the Book of Life is the book or muster-roll of God, in which all the worthy are recorded for life. God has such a book, and to be blotted out of it signifies death [1] .

Michelle, No I do not have a copy of the Book of Life. And from what wiki says about it, I doubt the library would have a copy either.

• cameo-d
  • Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I seemed to agree with Snappy! but I find this rather interesting.

12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.

Scrolls were opened represent the WTBTS books! and another scroll is the book of life. NOT!

It sounds like scrolls, not the scroll of life, that the dead were judged according to their deeds. Scrolls does not have titles. Those are the scrolls(no title) that the dead are judged.

The scroll(book) of Life has a name and who ever was not found written in this book was hurled into the lake of fire. Who ever sounds like names written in the book of life verses deeds.

The WTBTS say that the Dead are not the living standing before the throne but dead who are being judged! but that not what it say in Rev19:5 Dead came to life.

They lack because they claim that the other scrolls are their books!

So I guess if one does not make that first resurrection than the second resurrection is the dead coming to life, and if your name is not written in the book of life your judged out of the no named scrolls for your deeds and thrown into the lake of fire, second death!

Sounds better than WTBTS keeping track of your deeds (scrolls good or bad deeds) Does anyone think that is what they are doing? Although, I was just joking it does make me wonder if thats what they are doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit