Is going to the worldly funeral conscience mattter? (According to the WT)

by asilentone 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Fairmind, the WTS has gotten more strict in its policies, and this tends to be the call of the local BOE, one might let it slide and another boot the person.

• caliber
    caliber

Attending any funeral in a church is frowned upon... to actually be a part of the funeral (pall bearer )

well that's even considered worse... once knew an elder who was called to the mat when he was listed in the newspaper as an

honorary pall bearer ..he wasn't even at the funeral ! It's all appearance sake again !

Fairmind, the WTS has gotten more strict in its policies, and this tends to be the call of the local BOE, one might let it slide and another boot the person.

I think your name sake says it all how fairminded are they.. why don't they respect personal boundaries and personal decision that are not directly related to Congregational matters ? Caliber

• dothemath
    dothemath

Re: Caliber.........that time you had to clean carpets in the church........I was wondering if it was quite a few years ago in western Canada..............as I recall a similiar experience.

Just curious, but don't share any more information than you're comfortable with.

• caliber
    caliber

Dothemath,

We are talking 1981- 1983 period somewhat unsure. I think it was a subject at an

elders school about that time... from what one friendly Elder later told me !

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit