Has anyone done a cleansing fast?

by frozen one 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

My wife did the gall bladder olive oil lemon juice deal under instructions from her mother-in-law witchdoctor. She swears by it.

When I had a colonoscopy they gave me a gallon plastic jug and a packet of "whoop de scoot" kool aid mix. Had to drink 'em all up in one day. I swore by it too.

The "e-coli cleansing" - very funny and so true!

• watson
    watson

No appreciation for my joke....well, crap.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sorry, Watson....

I went back and read the comment. I love these people! In fact I am closely related to one of these folks and the great thing is she is healthy as a horse at 80. But I cannot accept the healthnut BS. Now, in perspective, your comment was very clever!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I tried it once.....Drank the cleansing tea..Dam near crapped my head out of my ass.....If you like hemerroids this is the fast for you!!..Running Away In Circles......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• watson
    watson

Since I like your sense of humor Gregor, that means alot. Now if only Babykakes would give me a "here, here."

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I forgot a couple of details from the question I recieved. She is in really great shape, exercises regularly, and doesn't eat a lot of junk food. I did ask if her pooping had changed recently and she said that she had not noticed anything.

Well, what about her gas? Have YOU noticed a change in that?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

No fasting for me. Love food. Try eating only fruit in the morning, then only eating veggies/complex carbs or veggies/protein for lunch/dinner. No cheese, and limit milk. Yogurt A-OK. Red wine is A-OK, in moderation. You end up eating mainly fruit & veggies, and just one carb a day. It's like a good South Beach. You'll have so much energy.

• dietequiladie
    dietequiladie

Fasting is on top of my list to do things. I have a wonderful book entitled 'yoga for the digestive system' (by Dr Swami Shankarardevanananda) . It mentions how a great deal of energy goes into digesting food and how as westerners we overtax our body by overeating/drinking too much. Fasting gives the body time for thorough cleansing. The illustration was given how animals and children, when unwell, go off their food. In that instance loss of appetite is a natural warning sign designed to help nature's repair work. I'm going to make fasting a regular thing. By the way, I have a Born-Again co-worker who regularly fasts. What's up with that?

• Open mind
    Open mind

abbagail:

How ironic "Open Mind" is not so open afterall! Such BORES!
    Who cares about your "debating skills" if you don't believe in God?

More ad hominums.

Calling people "jerk" or "bores" just unecessarily inflames the discussion.

I'm "Open" to any rational, objective evidence you'd like to present that shows the human colon needs to be "cleansed". So far, you haven't presented any.

Bennett and the majority of the medical community say colon cleansing is bunk. If you can prove them wrong, I'm all ears. How is that not "Open"?

As for fasting and nutrition, I'm completely open to listening to new ideas in those areas.

om

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Just like a few of the posters on here, I have done fasts. Distilled water only, no teas, no special drinks of lemon or other such stuff, just the water. The longest I have ever done one is I believe 15 days. That was a really long time ago when I was trying to lose weight fast. Yes, you can lose a pound a day but as soon as you start eating again at least 5 of those pounds come back. It is refreshing. However, I haven't fasted for longer than three days, lately. That is a blood cleanser. I know there are a few sites about fasting clinics. My ex does a fast for a week for an unhealthy intestine. He does this every few months. He said it seemed to help. He doesn't post on here anymore but he would have joined in the discussion, since he swears by it. Otherwise, he would be miserable and couldn't eat regular food. Maybe, he is doing better since he doesn't live with me anymore and doesn't have to eat my cooking. I probably made him sick. Wonder how the woman he is living with now is dealing with this. The person that is fasting should not work or do any other activity while undertaking a fast. They should be at rest in a clean bed. Sometimes, just showering is a taxing event. Plenty of fresh air is needed, too. You have to be supportive if you are the one that watches over them. I will not miss the schedule he kept. Let us know if your lady decides to undertake it.

Bubblie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit