Do JW's EVER admit to being wrong about any topic?

by gaiagirl 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mustang
    mustang
    A few might when the GB advise them that once again they as R&F read more into something then what the WTS stated.
    They have admitted to incorrect dates, but generally deflect by saying they are eager as apostles were.

A very old post by uncle_onion details the real and public screw-up that Rutherford made with the 1925 date. They had solid stuff in writing (in the WT) and the date went by with no effect. They learned from that one and put on the "Teflon overcoat". Thereafter, they never put anything in writing that was blatant about chronology. They let it leak out from the platform and private conversation: i.e. gossip and the grapevine. The key here is not so much "plausible deniability" as it is "indirect misinformation".

w8112/1p.27par.2ThePathoftheRighteousDoesKeepGettingBrighter***
    At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds.

Ya gotta love their classic "tacking" BS: any sailor knows that tacking is a series of small angled maneuvers that "cut across the wind", eventually going upwind. The WTS version of tacking is invariably a series of complete reversals ("180's") that cancel each other out and go no-where: mathematically WTS plays a "zero-sum game", standing still, whereas real tacking "vectors" upwind accomplishing motion.

Besides: legal won't let them; apologies have repercussions.

Mustang

• fokyc
    fokyc

NEVER EVER !

In my wife's cong, they will not admit to errors or mistakes,

even when there opinion contradicts the GB

fokyc

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Even if I were driving and in a hurry if someone is driving slow in front of me "that may be Jehovah keeping you from an accident". So am I to believe that everyone who has ever gotten into an accident found their way around someone who was driving slow? Ummmmm......que?

• zagor
    zagor

It really takes a stable, secure and above all else mature individual to recognize his own fault let alone admit it. That applies even more for any organization or corporation. When that is lacking you see tendency of those in charge toward micromanaging every single step people under their care are to take and total absence of sense of right that compels them to admit when they are wrong, all they see is need to keep their authority intact no matter what the consequences are.

Which is precisely what you see among witnesses. In fact, were wtbs an individual rather than an organization and people under its care children (fair assessment considering how average dubs are treated) then wtbs would have ended up either in prison or a nuthouse a long time ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit